L1's Garage

Yeah, that’s what they get for turning off the nukes.

1 Like

Well the thing is that charging at home isn’t really a realistic solution for everyone,
especially not for people who live in citties.
Those people generally don´t have their own drive ways,
and are depended on public charging facilities which are way more expensive.
And also those public charging facilities in the streets or parking lots,
are 9 out of 10 times taken already.
So i would say in regards to EV charging infrastructure it´s still far from ideal.
Of course if you can charge at work or at home then that´s nice.
But yeah that doesn´t count for everyone.

I mean if there were more affordable fuell cell cars available.
Then that would be a way more interesting.
The problem is that not many car manufacturers wanne jump into it right now.
And i can totally see why, it’s still kinda a chicken and egg problem.
But that might change some in the future.
Especially given the current fuel prices.
H2o can also be used to warm houses using existing infra structure with minor modifications.
The only elephant in the room is they need a more efficient and green way to produce it.

1 Like

Intake manifold gasket failed on my Suburban with a 350 small block. Puking coolant out the rear of the motor like it is going out of style. Have to disassemble the entire top and all the accessories to get to the intake. Got stopped when I came time to pull the power steering pump. GM hates people and requires a specific puller tool to take the power steering pump off the front of the motor. Will resume in the morning.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Looks like I’ll be doing an engine swap the my old S10 today (the one I manual swapped).

We pulled a beautiful engine out of a wrecked blazer that has less than 100k, and you can still see the honing lines on the cylinder walls, so I think it was even rebuilt recently.

5 Likes

So this is totally relevant to the garage thread. I made this for every type of repair. Mechanical or electrical. Lets foster this little infant into an awesome post please. Im very excited to see what yall come up with and do

if its a super garage centric repair talk about it here all I ask is that you link it in the other thread so knowledge is shared.

Trying to create a centralized thread to index off of

My go to grease

Shits been good for a while now. I think im gonna stick with it

1 Like

Holy cow it’s happening!

4 Likes

New toyota’s are starting to look better yes.

2 Likes

Lexus is on the road, fear the power of a Arduino controlled V8.

7 Likes

Gawd Dayum

That is such a beautiful fuckin engine.

1 Like

Lexus are nice cars as well.

So anyone getting one?

How’s it running?

Only if they aren’t stock. If I’m honest I’ve driven them stock and they are kid of boring and from my research detuned. They have tried to change that with the new ones but I really wish they were more fun stock…

Tempting. Waiting for all the deets.

1 Like

Looks fun, but I’m agreeing with the consensus that those head gaskets are going to be crying.

1 Like

3cyl with 300hp?

Yeah, that’s a lot of power. I’ve been looking for a suitable replacement for my E class, and if this thing can get 35mpg cruising at 80mph, it might be a no-brainer.

1 Like

those sleeves though :smiley:

The center exhaust is kind of cool

1 Like

On the topic of hot hatches

Mercedes has this interesting concept going into the AMG A45 hatches…

Electric turbine wheel. Not sure how it works but a 4 cyl 442 HP is fairly impressive. Not 100 HP per cyl but still pretty interesting.