L1's Garage

they are trying to create HCCI… which is interesting but has a long way to go

Personally I adore high compression ratio engines they are challenging to work with. but If I could get a 14:1 and use E85 (105 Octane MON+RON/2) (in european rating thats 118 octane) exclusively I trully would LOL

1 Like

Is any of it red leaning because republicans hate E85 for some reason. When Im like guys I know its not always carbon neutral or the best mileage but FFS it means less reliance on both middle eastern oil… south america… and Canada… its a domestic fuel

1 Like

Used to be all red bro.

Then the military moved out.

2 Likes

I filled up with RON102 in Germany for cheap.
Up here the mainstream fuell is Euro95 E10 / 10% bio ethanol,
which is awfull stuff.
At least my volvo doesn´t like E10 that much.

1 Like

Explains some things. Not a fan of Methanol btw id stay away from M85. its quite corrosive…

1 Like

Not realistically? Its mostly rumors that keep going since the 80s… nearly all manufacturers figured out how to harden rubber and seals and removed exposed magnesium and went away from felt after the early 90s

I literally could perform an experiment and prove it scientifically. Any material people keep claiming will be ate ive literally sat in a jar of ethanol for 100 days… particularly rubber and other components… They came out just fine. They were not eaten. They were clean… and just as strong as before.

Felt and Magnesium are the only materials sensitive to it. Rubber was made since 1985 to be resistant to 100 percent of it

Its usually not the E10 … its something else. I mean if you think about that. Tune for Tune E0-E10 is about 3 percent more fuel max across the MAP. lol

I did an extensive post on this: Alternative Fuels #1: Ethanol

I actually just filled up with E85 lol. but yeah in a non FFV you can get about E40 before the car throws a code

1 Like

all the finaly kick to the gutt… BRAC05 → Base Realignment And Closure 2005

1 Like

Well running on E10 fuell instead of fuell with no addition of bio ethanol like RON102,
definitelly does impact an engines performance and efficieny.
Especially with turbo charged engines.

1 Like

Efficiency yeah… Performance… they have proved this on a dyno… literally +/- 5 HP max for most engines with E10 vs E0

Efficiency yeah thats more realistic. I mean consider thats 3% more part for part… so on turbo vehicles when boosting they will use a bit more fuel and that makes a lot of sense… but I guess from the US standpoint I guess we dont care as much cuz gas is cheap so a couple MPG less is fine with us. It does burn cleaner… It really does

1 Like

That’s true, that is also why E10 has to be offered at every gas station in the entire EU.
Normaly i fill up with E5 for the most part,
however on this occasion the Gas station in Germany also offered RON102,
which was only like 3 cents /L more expensive then E5.
And still like 40 cents / L cheaper then E5 up here.

1 Like

sounds like bad taxes

That said european fuel prices suffer in a way because yall have a lot of E0. E0 here is not the common fuel. E10 is… E0 is 37 cents more expensive on average here… so I can see where some of your price differences are starting to show.

1 Like

Yeah in my country taxes are really bad.
We are probably the worst country in the EU in regards to taxes.
E10 currently costs around €1.75,- / L,
on which E5 is currently at around € 1,98,- / L.
In Germany i can fillup significantly cheaper like €1.52 / L ish for E5.

1 Like

so pete is gonna lose. you are gonna come to the land of good cars and cheap gas? LOL

your not greece

do they have restrictions for that or no?

To enter Germany i have to have a negative covid test result not older then 72 hours.
Otherwise i risk a fine when cought.

so you risk the fine :stuck_out_tongue:

I just used my best German accent.

No further questions were asked. :rofl:

1 Like

so you spoke silly german. Ive heard dutch. dont you lie to me… you know its different from german :stuck_out_tongue:

I can speak pretty good German for the most part… :grin:

1 Like

translation: when I get drunk on bacardi… my german goes out the window and is replaced by my special dialect :laughing:

Thats okay the same thing happens to me ill start speaking french drunk. I thought about sneaking into french canada and seeing how well I could play it off but canada lost its mind

“grid system” set up by wagons and carts and “towns” and “cities” like sandy and logan orem ogden setting up their own grid copying down town slc and not expecting millions of people to live here expanding the system connecting all the grids NOTHING WORKS i learned to navigate out east and i know cow path roads and land marks but this is a fucking nightmare with the “grid system” its nice to find places but STANDERIZE the whole grid not just each down town center hospital area getting their own number system

and fucking fort union and each town have their own fucking shit and NOW subdivisions are doing their own shit

YOU CALL THIS A FUCKING GRID UTAH WHAT THE FUCK

the wagons and carts and ol’ country roads and interstate post ww2 fucking made the roads all fucking wiggle and they are doing so much work cause the salt in the air
that is random spots that are all fucked

and even today they just do fucking road work all the time cause slc is booming in growth way too many people are moving in

and cause the housing crisis here they are allowing the land developers to fucking do what ever and all that work is fucking the roads all the time and the expansion of the water main a few years ago

its fucking crazy with all the road work and infrastructure work

PLUS they closed so many of the tracks and family’s didn’t have the funds to keep going so there is like one and the flats to do shit legal and the drove everything underground and then laws stoping street speed traps and red like cams are not ticket-able unless a cop is present and giving the ticket

having all the racers on the streets and ruining the free ways the grid roads PLUS the salt and the heavy traffic of construction ALL THE TIME the roads are allways being works on so it causes all the lanes to wave and weave

plus those fucking left turn lanes that cross traffic are stupid as fuck

anyone not from utah running into this WILL GOT HEAD ON INTO TRAFFIC

this is the fucking least

THIS MONSTER GARBAGE HEAP

the sat map is not uptodate ITS A FUCKING TRIANGLE ROUND ABOUT A PRESCHOOLER WOULD EXPLAIN AFTER 30 FUCKING YEARS and “the engineers” JUST FUCKING BUILT IT

1 Like