L1's Garage

God dammit there’s like 6 rx7’s in my area and it’s giving me the itch.

I want that big double cannon Barrell out my hood POOM POOM POOM

Nothing wrong with promoting another thread.
With all the respect, is it maybe not better to leave the posts on the thread itself?
If people find it interesting i-am sure they have subscribed by now.
It’s getting a little spammy imho

1 Like

oh yeah, I recognize the spam potential. The way how I see it, I would have posted the same video here as well. Posting the other thread’s link has a dual purpose, first allowing for people who want to watch car stuff, but don’t want to sub to the more general thread that includes other topics. The second purpose is to make it easier for me to track interesting videos I find, having it all in one place rather than needing to make a global search for past stuff I found interesting.

I still post stuff memes and other stuff that wouldn’t fit the other thread in the respective threads
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/when-i-am-bored-i-tend-to-post-funny-cool-stuff/104616?u=bedhedd

You can create youtube playlists for that.
I can’t and won’t forbid anything.
Just letting you know that it seems a bit much with not a lot of engagement.

1 Like

probably, but transferring it is a pain, so a thread’s easier

the goal is partly to reduce my time on youtube, it’s had varying levels of effectiveness. As long as mods don’t have a issue I will keep posting, it seems that people don’t engage at the time I post, but people browsing later seem to enjoy having it, so :man_shrugging:

I had to sell my Toyota Starlet (my daily) :frowning:
Being a car guy you’ve got to keep your neighbors as very good friends.
Owning and parking 4 cars does not help with that i assumed, so the starlet had to make place for the Daihatsu Hijet.
The good news is, i sold the Starlet for the same price i bought it with.

I Loved the car because it had nothing. no powersteering, no electric mirrors, no abs, no open-able rear windows, not even a clock. I absolutely loved it! to bad they can’t make these kind of cars anymore.
And the car from 1995 had no rust on the chassis! trust me i looked everywhere.

3 Likes

Sad days haha.
Those cars are being exported most of the time.

1 Like

Mostly cars that are financially totaled.
Around 400,- the starlet still got me 1300,- and i sold it within an day of listing.

Yeah those cars are still pretty popular for export.

Question – First coil on plug job. Same procedure with dielectric grease as you would with wires and a coil pack? So some grease on the plugs and then on the coil boots and right inside where the contacts are?

About ready for the job. Got the plugs and coils. Got a maf since it seems to be running rich and the values the maf reads don’t line up with engine displacement at idle – cleaning it helped a lot, and then it gets worse as it gets driven. It threw the codes once, and then hasn’t since, but Im seeing upwards of -20 on the short term trim and -10 of long term trim. So starting with replacing that and the coils/plugs need done anyways. Intake gasket too since that’s all gotta come off. Plan on checking things like the cold start injector while I have things apart.

What type air filter are you using? Oiled filters can mess up the maf.
And dielectric grease I use where there is rubber. I’ve always thought of it as a lubricant to prevent the rubber from sticking places it shouldn’t.

OEM air filter. Not oiled.

Everything I’ve done is OEM Denso (Excluding the air filter. Which is whatever the oem was. I let a shop throw it in last time.) I should consider installing a catchcan with the whole direct injection system, but I don’t know enough about it yet. Ill have to do me a learn on that bit. And figure out if places will inspect it with that. Along with anything else it affects.

Bro you need some K&N filters increased my HP, yea my MAF is ruined and yea I never reoiled it, and yea I’m sucking in road debris but other than that its been amazing. /s

3 Likes

Open velocity stacks is where its at bruh

2 Likes

Car people how are volvo parts etc in the US? Thinking I might go that route since Kona N Manual dream is dead

1 Like

According to my coworker, you’ll find a decent amount of parts for everything except for the interior. Also pretty decent 3rd party market.

2 Likes