L1's Early Ryzen Revisited Graphs

These benchmarks are from Level1Techs "Level1 Throwback: Revisiting Ryzen 1, Six Years Later!’ video published on Feb 16, 2023.

3 Likes

Dont forget to put watermarks? Lazy content creators could just do a copy paste…

It’s incredible to see how real world data are so detached from the reviewer experience when we’re talking about hardware. These data, for me, really put into perspective how the CPUs are not too important when it comes to gaming with mid range GPUs like it has always been.
It also made me reconsider upgrading to a 5800X3D as a send off for my AM4 platform experience since I’m playing at 3840x1600 with a 2070 Super.

2 Likes

Yeah that is exactly the debate i´m having in regards to benchmarks.
I get it that reviewers are pairing the highest end gpu´s with the newest cpu´s,
to show off what those cpu´s can do to a said gpu.
However in a real world scenario things are a bit different really.

I´m personally a bit more interested in seeing a bit more realistic testings,
done with more like affordable gpu´s as shown in above benchmarks charts.
The 5800X3D is still a really strong competitor on am4 as far as i´m concerned.

1 Like

Yeah. But I know that it would be impossible to replicate real world scenarios because each bracket of users will upgrade to different hardware over time.
I wouldn’t know either how to solve this “disconnection”.

But at what point does that makes sense? Like if someone buys a 7950X it’s surely not gonna pair it with a 3060. So I think there’s also a matter of trying to figure out buyer’s choices when putting a rig together. But someone that buys a 7600X already has a 3060 and will pair it with that CPU. So, in that case, testing done like that will make sense.

Absolutely! I don’t think I’m even gonna need more than 16 threads and overclocking is basically dead to me so I welcome the better gaming performance.

2 Likes

Yes of course you have have some valid points there as well.
Still good to see the tests as shown above any way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.