L1KVM and Falcon 20 RGB not working on HID port

Hi, I’ve tried to use my Falcon 20 RGB with the HID port to control my KVM, and it works until I switch a machine, and then breaks in the weirdest way. After switching, the keys stop working and some of the LED’s randomly turn on and others off. So far the LED lights are non-deterministic in what turns on/off, but the keys always stop working.

I investigated a tiny bit, and I think when swapping devices there might be issues because it seems like the Falcon 20 RGB presents itself as two separate HID devices, and I wonder if that breaks the switching logic. The board seems to go into a weird state after swapping machines, and I have to unplug it, wait for power to it to die, and then plug it back in.

@wendell has mentioned that they use a Falcon 8 RGB, and I was also hoping the Falcon 20 RGB would work (I already had it before the KVM)

Try increasing the inter key delay and that should take care of it. Any other firmware updates?

Are you referring to the key delay of the macros themselves? If so, I tried setting them all to 20ms but it doesn’t make a difference.

Also note that this is basically a complete reset of my falcon 20 with only the two macros added.

I’m uploading a video showing what happens, as I don’t think I am explaining it well via text: falcon 20 hid port - YouTube

I don’t think the falcon 20 has had any firmware/software updates since it came out in 2017…

Try one of the rear hid ports. Also this sounds stupid but tty a different a to c cables as well.

Tried different cable, and tried all three of the rear HID ports, I get the same behavior :frowning:

That’s really pretty odd. Not sure what the root cause could be. Any other hid devices plugged in? Have you rebooted the kvm?

Unplugged it for 30s, and plugged it back in, same issue :frowning:

I noticed that the display button lights don’t turn off even if the power is unplugged, do they get power from the displayport connection?

USB. May need to unplug USB too when you power cycle…

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.