L1 KVM and Aorus FO48U

I recently bought this KVM:

Combo USB-C Power Delivery & DisplayPort 1.4 KVM - Dual Monitor

And have found that I get no video when using the KVM and an Aorus FO48U monitor. USB and HID devices seem to work though. This is likely an issue with the monitor itself as other monitors are working correctly.

Has anyone here dealt with this issue?

tried u2 instead of u3?
for the combo you have 2 monitors the top row and the bottom row.
the top row is full fat DP 1.4 so DP in > DP out. Start there; that should work. Then we can work on the usbc ports.

OK, this worked. DP out is in upper port and I get video. Keyboard is not working, but it is a mechanical with a USB hub built in. I’ll try to find a simple keyboard in the basement if I can and test with that.

So, interestingly, if I plug in a laptop the keyboard and mouse work, but the video stops working. The behavior is the same whether I use U2 or U3.

I finally had a minute to do some testing and have made some progress.

OK, so the first issue was that I misunderstood the description of this device:

“DisplayPort KVM, or USB-C KVM? What if I have both?”

I interpreted this as meaning that the USB-C could set itself to some kind of data-only mode when a display port cable was connected. Luckily I had bought one of your USB-C combiners previously, so I plugged that in and now the desktop side of my setup works perfectly.

Remaing issue:

The second device I connect is a work laptop. It is your standard big-corp cheap laptop which I have used successfully on this very KVM before the desktop side started working. keyboard and mouse work correctly, but no video. Tested with U2 and U3, L1 USB-C cable and fibbr USB-C cable. DisplayLink driver is up to date. I also tried a system76 laptop but no luck there either. Now, I do have another USB-C combiner, and I assume I could get that working, but really I bought this KVM thinking I could remove boxes from my desk (primarily the laptop dock), and because it worked before it should still work, right?

Any tips @wendell ?