KVM + Logitech Brio

Hi there,

anybody got the Logitech Brio webcam working through a KVM switch?

Initially it’s correctly detected and working on Windows after booting/resuming from hibernation, but as soon as I switch channels to my MBP M2 and back, it’s no longer detected by Windows. On the MBP it’s correctly working all the time - even after switching multiple times. For Windows I have to unplug it in order to fix that issue (strangely it does only work if I unplug the cable end on the KVM, not the end on the cam itself).

Best

Maybe it’s just my KVM, but it seems to register as Geneirc Highspeed USB Hub. Disabling this device in the Windows device manager and enabling it again right away, causes the camera to appear again… not sure why it works on macOS out of the box and requires weird workarounds on Windows. Maybe somebody knows a better solution.

Yeah, probably a KVM issue. Have you upgraded the firmware on your camera. They is a fix to handle some USB 3 implementations that are buggy (USB 3.1 mostly).

@Mastic_Warrior Yes, it’s using the latest firmware. Does it work for you with your KVM (potentially the L1T one?)

Works fine for sure in a usb3 port on the L1techs kvms

@wendell Thanks for confirming! Another reason for me to get a L1KVM. Shouldn’t have switched my mind about this last minute. Was about to pull the trigger for L1KVM but went for the other one in the last second as this has EDID emulation support. What a waste of 800+€ … Will monitor closely for the 3 screen 10Gbps version to be back in stock :slight_smile:

I don’t have a KVM. I did have issues with USB3 support on my Linux Box until the firmware upgrade. Out of the box, it would fail to connect stably on the USB3 ports but work worked fine on the USB 2 ports but max res was 1080P. If I went over 1080P on the USB3 ports it would fail, cut in and out video, or just fail to be recognized.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.