KVM Help Needed... (Are there really other's like me out there?)

Oh man, I just found the YouTube channel talking through the KVM switches offered, and boy do I have some questions. Quick setup… I’m am a software consultant, I train, develop, present, etc… Some of this is on my main rig, some of this is on client laptops. I attached a couple of images of my setup which has developed over some years.

I have avoided KVM switches as most out there are garbage. However I just today found a review of the L1 KVM switches and am thinking they almost fit my need. I think the big thing that they are missing for me is individual monitor switching. I have 3 4k displays and have to currently manually switch them, and looking at a competitors KVM that I found that allows each monitor to be switched to individual machines attached to the KVM I almost got excited, but they gloss over how the internal switching happens, and the resolution and speed supported was not great. Seeing these explained with a true understanding of individual board I got excited that L1 may have something for me.

I currently could use a KVM that independently can switch 2 monitors between machines independently, meaning I can pick and choose either monitor to show content from either connected PC at will. Maybe it’s an odd ask, but would be super helpful if you can see my images below. It would be nice to actually have 3 PCs and 3 Monitors, though I’m cautious to throw money at a problem I only kind of have, being currently have 2 desks in my office and can move between them for another of my clients.

Man I’m excited if y’all could help on this. Appreciate anyone’s input on this. I feel from the video I watched there might be others like me out there, and this seemed like the crowd. I’m not a game streamer, I use my rig for business, though my son does wanna game on the rig at times…

you’d probably be best off with 3x of the one monitor hdmi kvm. they prevent the computer from knowing the display went away. and they’re hdmi 2.1

and that would dove tail a bit better with the hdmi capture.

With that said, I assume L1 is not working on a competitor to the Tesmart one that swaps individual components? Like the HDC403-P23-USBK? :disappointed: Watching the detail and understanding of the higher end video pass through that your devices give, I was really hoping you had something similar.

Itlll probdbly be 6 months but we are doing a matrix mode hdmi 4x4 kvm, i think.

It doesnt make sense to do matrix mode displayport. Freesync is the sticking point. You never get oerfect freesync compatability unless you do it the way we did it i displayport.

Hdmi has freesync but like i say in the desxription its still imperfection in compatability. . Even tho its built into the chipset.

with the serial port control on the hdmi kvm, though, functionally its not a lot different than just doing 3x single monitor hdmi kvms.

The main issue I see with buying multiple single monitor KVM switches is that the USB connection for the keyboard and mouse will still be to a single one of those. The situation that I find myself in is commonly needing to switch my keyboard and mouse independent of monitors. For instance I commonly have a client laptop tied to the left two monitors, and yet need to switch the keyboard to reply to messages on the right most monitor which is almost always tied to the streaming PC. So my keyboard and mouse would still have a USB switch separate from the KVM setup. This in no way simplifies my setup from what it currently is, since I have a short cut on the two dell monitors to click and send them to the other machine, it’s a bit clunky, but seems minimally different from multiple KVMs and still having the USB switch for my keyboard and mouse. :disappointed: Well that’s ok. My setup does work pretty well for now, just always looking for a way to consolidate things…