KVM Dual Monitor Primary Monitor Needs to be replugged for M3 MBP

KVM Model:

Combo USB-C Power Delivery & DisplayPort 1.4 KVM - Dual Monitor
product link: combo-displayport-usb-c-kvm-with-usb-power-delivery-9w6rj

USB Interface (5-gigabit or 10-gigbit):

5-gigabit

Problem:

When using my M3 MBP (16-inch, Nov 2023), primary monitor does not register and must be unplugged/replugged multiple times. Sometimes MBP must be restarted. Issue does not occur with M2 MBP.

Primary Monitor: LG Ultragear 34GP83A-B (Ultrawide curved)
Secondary Monitor: Acer K272HUL

Other Notes:

KVM set to 4Lane+U2 setting for higher monitor bandwidth. USB Peripherals work fine when computer wakes.

On your LG Ultragear, is there any power saving or handshake setting in the OSD? Sometimes this can prevent normal wake up.

There’s a smart energy saving mode which I’ve now turned off completely. Automatic Standby was already disabled. I don’t believe there are any other relevant settings in the OSD.

Unfortunately turning off smart energy saving mode did not fix the issue. Right now, the “fix” is to unplug and replug the primary monitor twice in a row every morning when I start my day.

is the primary monitor connected via the DP1.4 connection or shared usbc connection into the kvm? I’d suggest via DP1.4 if it isn’t. Are you using usbc to dp for the secondary connections from the macs? If so what usbc to dp adapter?

Its kinda wild the M2 is fine but the M3 isn’t. By way of experiment, can you also plug the original apple M3 power adapter into the laptop and leave it plugged in? Is the laptop otherwise set not to go to sleep when it has external power?

I was going to go through your questions and test the power adapter… but problem is no longer reproducible. Both monitors now wake and activate when i start up at the beginning of the day. I will keep this in mind if it starts happening again.

Re cables: Monitor to KVM via DP 1.4 JSAUX cables. KVM to laptop for primary monitor using MOSHI DP to USB-C per level1tech recommendation. 2nd monitor KVM to laptop is anker usb-c to usb-c