KM Switch HID Driver in games

KVM Model:

4-Port KM Switch with USB 3.2 Gen 1 Mouse Roaming Function

USB Interface (5-gigabit or 10-gigbit):

10-gigbit

Problem:

When using the mouse in games, the games don’t seem to support the mouse properly. For instance in minecraft, the mouse is hyper accelearated. If I use the mouse, the screen spins quickly. It doesn’t matter which mouse I use. My googlefu has been very weak on this and would very much any help. My workaround is to have a second mouse plugged in directly for games and it’s a bit of a hassle.

Other Notes:

type here

Thank you for reaching out :slight_smile:

Do you have a widescreen monitor?

No, I have 2 32inch monitors, 2560x1440 resolution on both. Both run at 144 hz. One is made by Acer and one is made by Asus.

Do you use the mouse roam setting?

Does this issue happen in both the white HID ports and the blue USB3 ports on the KVM?

Have you checked what the mouse speed is? (as in what’s set by the KVM, not your PC)

Key Sequence Function
Set mouse DPI (UP Arrow Key) Hotkey Leading Code + L-Alt (hold) :arrow_up_small: 1 Beep = -100 DPI (Speed Up)
2 Beeps = Lowest DPI
Set mouse DPI (DOWN Arrow Key) Hotkey Leading Code + L-Alt (hold) :arrow_down_small: 1 Beep = +100 DPI (Speed Down)
2 Beeps = Highest DPI
Mouse DPI Quick Configuration L-Alt (hold) + S 1 Beep = “Low” Preset (2400 DPI)
2 Beeps = “Mid” Preset (600 DPI)
3 Beeps = “High” Preset (200 DPI)
Mouse DPI Manual Configuration L-Alt (hold) + “xx” Examples:
“01” DPI = 100 (Highest Speed)
“02” DPI = 200
“20” DPI = 2000
“24” DPI = 2400
“48” DPI = 4800 (Slowest Speed)

Amber!

Left alt plus S, up arrow or xx doesn’t seem to do anything. Where is this documented? Maybe I need to read the full manual? I accidentally threw away the paper copy and couldn’t find a digital version anywhere.

I’m not in the office, but most all of the hotkeys are documented by me in this thread: [Official] L1Techs Products Technical Information [WIP]

What do you mean here? It doesn’t even beep? What keyboard do you have? Do you have the keyboard in a HID port?

Sorry just coming back to this, no, no beeps. How long do I hold down for? I looked through the doc, the leading keys left ctrl, right ctrl or insert didn’t work. I have a VIA custom keyboard.

Hm… @wendell

try disabling nkey rollover, use a $5 keyboard to set the mode? iirc via/vial works fine with the kvm but nkey needs to be disabled of nkey can work if you set kvm leading codes to all come from the same virtual hid endpoint; there’s a guide for that for qmk on the forum already

What do you make of this?

is this with mouse roam? if so if needs to be toggled off. the mouse roam is an absolute co ordinate system like a touch screen. mouse roam will make it behave normally

I’ll give both things a try. Thank you! Very much appreciate all ya’ll do!

1 Like

Welcome just let us know :slight_smile: