Keyboard Shortcut L_Ctrl, L_Ctrl, 1 not working

Hi,

I own a 1.4 Display Port KVM Switch - Triple Monitor - Two Computer and use an old Razer blackwidow 2014 keyboard.

I used to be able to use L_Ctrl, L_Ctrl, 1 and 2 to switch between my 2 computers, btu not anymore.

• I used to have show pointer when Ctrl is pressed in mouse settings turned on, but turned it off.

Not sure how to fix this?

I have possibly got the same unit as you mine is the 5GB usb solution, I didn’t even know about the tap CTRL CTRL 1 & 2 to switch systems and had been using the button on the front of the KVM but just tried it and it worked perfectly, my suspicion would be that either your keyboard or mouse is interfering somehow.

For reference I run a razor deathadder and a Hyper X alloy Elite RGB off the Back hid controls on the KVM, I run a hub off the front panel connector showing the USB symbol and nothing off the front hid connector.

Although I have been told that the front hid connector does work for this stuff, I found that when a device is plugged into it the computer needs to be rebooted in order to detect it and after detection it’s a 50/50 shot if you are lucky as to if it will work or not.

I tried both a mouse and an EPos 300 DAC and headphones and while both were detected after a reboot, neither would work in that slot.

Hope this helps.

Addendum, and this is oddly specific, I have my razor deathadder v2 plugged into the rear HID port, if I then plug a razor deathadder ESSENTIAL into the front hid port - that will work also but if I unplug the essential and attempt to move the V2 to that port the V2 will not work even if I power cycle the KVM.

Very odd.

I have replied separately here just to make sure you see this, on the product page for the KVM…

• Double-tap scroll lock and left control to toggle on and off left control as a hotkey.

:slight_smile: I just tested it and it does indeed turn off the ability to use LCTRL LCTRL number to switch.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.