Keyboard Recomendations

Just to throw this out there, but I got the Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless with blue switches. Favorite mechanical keyboard I've ever owned.

2 Likes

I think he wants blinky lights and gamer aesthetics. Otherwise, Filco, KUL and Leopold should be on his short list. Come to think of it, Ducky are pretty solid and they also do LEDs.

1 Like

Funny you should ask.

I just replaced my Steelseries Apex with a Gigabyte Force K85.
http://www.gigabyte.us/Keyboard/FORCE-K85#kf

It uses red Kailh RGB switches (Micro Center specs said Cherry MX, but they LIE! No biggie.) and I added clear o-rings. It's pretty nice and I highly recommend getting o-rings no matter what keyboard you decide to get. The RGB is not able to control each key individually, but it can do 16.8 million color cycling and single color pulsing. The only bad thing is the lighting was reflecting into my monitor and I had to make a shield (see below).

Good price too = $80.

1 Like

On the nose, however I do value quality but I value aesthetics almost as equally .

Whelp, the gamer stuff doesn't really appeal to me, so I'm not sure that I can make an informed suggestion. I would say, however, that over the years I've seen MANY complaints about Razer's software. So my comments will be limited to suggesting that you consider a keyboard that does not require custom software that needs to always be running in the background.

1 Like