Keyboard Disconnecting in Linux when using the DP 1.4 KVM

Hi,
I am having a issue where my keyboard (Corsair K95 Platinum) will disconnect from my linux machine when using the Level1Techs Quad Monitor/Quad Computer kvm.
The keyboard will register for a couple minutes when I initially boot up the machine, but after that nothing.
It is still recieving power through the kvm, and I am connected from the kvm to the linux system by a usbC-> C cable.

This one specifically:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08D6NCQ1Z?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I have tried plugging in the keyboard to all the different usb ports on the kvm.

The really strange part is my mouse is plugged into the keyboard and that registers fine on the linux machine.

I have no issues in my Windows work PC when switching.

System Information:
Operating System: Pop!OS 22.04 LTS
CPU: Amd Threadripper 3970x
Motherboard: Asus Rog Zenith Extreme II

When it does work it is amazing and a great upgrade for my WFH setup, the keyboard shortcuts are excellent.

Thanks,
Brody

Use a type a to c usb3 cable from linux, probsbly sub par linu. Usb driver support. Asically use a different usb port from the linux machine. It need not be type c on the host.

Unfortunately, a usbC to A cable has the same issue no matter what port that I try, it seems to work (need to give it a lengthy test yet) when i plug in the keyboard into the normal usb port on the kvm and not one of the HID ports. But that has the obvious downside of not being able to use the keyboard shortcuts for switching inputs.

The corsair k95? Gotta keep in bios mode for the shortcuts anyway. Uninstall the drivers for it and it will work fine.

When the driver loads it ceases to be hid, not much i can do to listen for keys in that scenario. Itll work fine on usb3 ofc but not for switching hotkeys since it ceases to be a keyboard on the wire

I think I got some things to work for my corsair keyboard.
Involved shutting all systems and kvm down and then powering up the kvm, then turning on the systems.

Need to give it a bit longer of a test, but the keyboard shortcuts seem to all be working as they should.

My new weirdness in the PoP!Os is setting my monitors to mirror instead of leaving them joined when i switch inputs.

Steps to replicate:

• start in Input 1 (linux machine), displays are properly joined
  • switch to my windows work machine for a bit, displays remain properly joined (i use PCOIP for work things).
    -switch back to the linux machine, displays are now mirrored

The weird thing is is i switch inputs back to the windows computer then immediately back to the linux system the windows become properly joined again.

It seems like pcoip might be causing some funkyness with the displays when switching input.