Keep getting BSOD. ntoskml.exe

Hello,

I’m a bit jaded with this issue at this point so bear with me. I built this machine back in April of 2022 and I keep getting random bluescreens with the “ntoskml.exe” as the culprit. I’ve been to other forums and nobody has the solution for it. Somebody claimed it was a RAM issue but I checked the ram with all of the recommended tests and its fine. CPU and GPU were stress tested with no issues. Operating temps are also fine. The issue happens at random and days sometimes months apart making it hard to track down.

Specs are Ryzen 5950
Nvidia 3080TI
32 gigs of Corsair Vengeance ram
Windows 10

Here is the mini dump file. Any help would be appreciated. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DMDDy-D1VCiUyRxDf5rTnPzy1tb-TtpK/view?usp=sharing

Did you mean ntoskrnl.exe?

If so, that handles peripherals.

I have you tried removing any components and peripherals?

Swap out the ram if you have two sticks.

Use them one at a time.

Besides a hardware issue … have you had any recent power failures or shut down the pc incorrectly? your could have file corruption.

running these two commands from a command prompt to fix any system file issues:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

source for reference

Edit: also is there anything in your event viewer with a red stop sign or yellow yield sign with regards to a disk? Could be an indicator that a drive is starting to go on ya!

Have you tried reseating your memory, though? Some boards just really don’t hold the memory sticks all that well.
Intel Burn Test with I think large FFTs? Can be a relatively good memory stresser, or Memtest64 going across all the memory for multiple full passes, which does take a while.
The real kicker, though, is there isn’t actually a good memory stress test. Just various degrees of more or less bad ones. Just because it’s stable under a stress test doesn’t mean it’s stable. Have you tried with XMP disabled?

Thank you so much for the replies! It means a lot.

@thebatmanwholaughs The only peripherals I have plugged are my mouse, keyboard, a Schiit Stack (Magni and Modi 3) and my pen monitor (Huion Kamvas Pro 24). If what you said is right, I fear it may be the Kamvas pro as there was a corrupted driver earlier this year. I’m going to get some new RAM and try that out. I only have 32 gigs so yanking a stick would drop me down to 16 which isn’t enough for what I do. Thanks for the suggestion!

@thetazman I haven’t had any power failures and my battery backup is more than capable of handling them if there was. I’ve scanned this machine with SFC but not with DISM.exe. Ill give it a shot! Thanks for pointing that out!

The event viewer only shows a “bug check” error or the “Critical Kernal Power, system has rebooted without shutting down first” thing. But I believe the latter is a bi product of the BSOD.

@alkafrazin I’m going to order some new sticks and try that out when I swap out my AIO (turns out there was a defect with Arctic Freezer 2s. Not the cause as my temps have been stable. Just another separate issue I’ve recently discovered). I did the whole extensive Memtest 64 and every thing was fine. I haven’t tried with XMP disabled yet though. Ill give that a shot as well, thanks you for the suggestions!

You’re only taking out the stick to test. Not to use permanently. It’s basically an isolation test to see if any of the RAM sticks are faulty/not seated properly.

Nice Schiit stack btw!

I just bought a FiiO K7 and an Eligia two days ago!