Kalmah

anyone heard of these guys? in my opinion they blow children of bodom out of the water, but they arent very popular. I love playing their stuff on guitar, the riffs are fantastic, and the vocals kick ass.

songs i recommend : Moon of my nights, Heroes to us, Groan of the wind, hades, they will return.

Kalmah is quite popular actually.

They are good, I like the vocalist's growls, great riffs as well. Good melodic death metal without a doubt.

Check Insomium if you like Kalmah buddy...they are, in my opinion, a better than Kalmah. Better riffage, better vocals, better lyrics, more emotion...but then again, that's just me....they're after all my favorite Melodic death metal band. They always send shivers down my spine :P

I havn't heard Kalmah's latest album yet tho, how is it? On par with The Black Waltz?

It's great, I wouldn't say that for the revolution>the black waltz but its close to as good.Â

and thanks for the recommendation, insomnium seems really cool. i just checked out a few songs, and they've got some sweet riffs and vocals.

Kalmah was one of the bands that got me started on modern metal, the newest album is pretty decent.

yeah, kalmah got me into melodic death metal, then i dove into amon amarth and others. never caught onto children of bodom though

I really like CoB's early stuff. Their later stuff isn't really that good IMO.

I'm downloading For The Revolution right now, I'll listen and update here with what I think about it.

I really like CoB's early stuff. Their later stuff isn't really that good IMO.

I'm downloading For The Revolution right now, I'll listen and update here with what I think about it.

Kalmah is my favorite metal band by a lot. i do like amon amarth but i havent found a band that i like as much as kalmah, i also have not heard any bad kalmah songs.

they are definitely one of the best melodic death bands ever.. I don't think they are that small... and yes, they are a lot better than bodom... the riffs are better, the singer is crazier, the music has more intensity, and the arrangements are more interesting.

I liked COB till i found out about kalmah. Nuff said.

what other bands do you listen to? im looking to expand my metal horizons.

Look at Be'lakor, Mors Principium Est, FollowBane (Extremely good Melodic Death/Black Metal), Lunarsea, Insomnium, Noumena, Immortal Souls, Amon Amarth, Archons, Edge of Sanity, Dan Swanö's Moontower, Wintersun, Dark Tranquility, At the Gates, OLD In Flames, Diablo, In Mourning, The Duskfall...

If you were asking for more than just Melodic Death Metal, well just ask.

thanks, ill look all of those up.