Just want to post an update on my build and where things stand

Hello, everyone I just wanted to post an update, I couldn’t be happier with this PC build. After all said and done this is what I ended up with, still not complete 'next up is a graphics card currently still rocking the igpu of the ryzen 7900x.

• case: Sliger Cerberus x(grey with a custom painted top)

• motherboard: ASUS b650e gaming wifi

• processor: Rryzen 7900x

• memory: 32 memory Gskilll expo 6000 30 38 38 96 timings with expo enabled

*storage: 5 terabytes storage 2 terabyte Samsung 980 pro boot drive, 2 terabyte western digital project drive and a 2 terabyte crucial SATA for a media dump

• cooling: custom loop with 2 radiators, a hardware labs 240mm and hardware labs 120mm, both powered by Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans. for case fans I am useing a Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM for intake and two slim Noctua NF-A12x15 for exhaust. The reservoir is a ek flat 120mm flat res d5 pump combo.

I have enjoyed building, tearing down, modifying the build, and building it again. I believe the process was well worth it. I have learned a ton, not only by building the machine but by tuning the machine as well. After months of tweaking, reading forum posts, and then getting tired of it and putting the system into a state of optimized default, I feel that I have it tuned to a point that is fast, stable, and quiet.
** current System tunings**

• loadline calibrations: everything set to high with very fast vrm switching.

• Precision Boost: per core: with core 0 and 1: -32 offset core 2: -29, core 3, 4 :-28, core 5: -26, core 6: -29,core 7: -25, core 8-12:-29

• PPT 195 Watts

• TDC 144 Amps

• EDC 255 Amps

after mucking around, research, and sometimes hair raising experimentation I came up with these tunings. I can run a stable prime95 small FFTs with Avx 512 enabled at a cool average temp of 85c with an average all core clock of 5ghz there abouts. which allows me to run a fan curve that can keep the machine practically silent. Through some experimentation I found an the optimal pump speed at 55 - to 60 percent. At Slower pump speeds the water is traveling too slow through the loop to effectively remove heat from the loopand I lose performance,at speeds from 40 percent to 55 percent pump speed I have seen about 200mhz difference in effective core clocks when letting the CPU hit TJmax during a prime 95 heavy load. My radiator fan curves are set according to water temp which I have found with the loop gives me the ability to create currently cooling only the CPU I found that full heat saturation within the loop with everything going full bore sits at about 35c water temp. so I have the rad fans sitting at 40% for water temp that is under 26c, and maxing out at 100 % if water temp hits 50c. currently even running prime95 small FFTs with with avx512 at 12 min per iteration, at the current tunings my loop saturates at about 33c and fan speed tops out 65%, still giving me very respectable average active clocks, which run at give or take 5ghz and with effective clocks running very close in step, I can safely say that I am not clock stretching, but I think that is due to my loadline calibration settings which are almost extreme, I might in the future play with those a bit more and see if I can lessen the settings and maintain my current performance and stability, case intake and exhaust fans set to custom mix sensor which is set to the average temp of the mainboard and VRM temps. those set to 40% fan speed and if average between VRMs and mainboard ever reach 70c those will kick in to about 75% but even under heavy load I haven’t seen my VRM’s get up to 60c and my mainboard at 26c. so system running cool and quiet. I have benchmarked Cinebench 24 and interestingly my cpu gets hotter than even prime 95, small FFTs, I have seen the processor top out at 90.1c during a cinebench multicore render I get my score at current tunings sits at 1675 for cinebench 24 multi and Ill have to run single core render again, and some additional benchmarks and stress testing. I did try and do a manual OC with the Ryzen and temps got scary hot. I think with a 1.248 core VID I hit a maximum of 106c during prime 95 small FFTs, but it never hit that temp for long, average temps were only 101 percent of max during that run. A rather hair raising adventure. That was not running cool and quiet. I also tried to use the Asus Auto OC switching but I could never get to work with extreme workloads. I could run a 55.75 on ccd0 and a 53.75 on CCD1 with a 1.34 Core Vid and run Cinebench where temps topped at 90c at the highest with active clocks and effective clocks running Cinebench all core at 5.4 ghz. I could never get the system to switch properly with prime95 small fft with avx 512, it was supposed to switch from a manual OC to default PBO, but never worked with a prime 95 AVX workload, either my system would reset or temps sky rocketed, depending on the settings I was working with. So I just concentrated on dialing in PBO settings. happy with the work I did… leave comments and discussions welcome.

2 Likes