Just Installed Nextcloud

.... and hot damn! This is the bee's knees!

5 Likes

Nextcloud really is nice, I love being able to sync files between my devices from an internal server, just wish my upload was better so I could use it more when I'm not at home. They also added a lot of new features in version 11 that I haven't had a chance to check out yet.

Yes, I just installed the calendar and video conferencing apps. I am almost fully de-googlfied.

2 Likes

The Android app is also very good, makes it much easier to share and transfer files between devices and also lets you auto upload pictures/videos directly to Nextcloud which is great, unfortunately this feature doesn't work on the current version of the app on Android 7.0 phones and I lost that feature 4 months ago when I updated my LG G5 but hopefully they'll add support soon.

There is also another third party paid app that lets you sync your Nextcloud calendar and contacts called DAVdroid but I haven't checked it out yet, still using Google apps at the moment but may try it soon.

I installed it, and while it's got an (almost) app-breaking bug. I'm really enjoying it.

The ability to give people access to host their own files without giving them FTP access (or another CMS) is nice.

The task system is great.

The issue I have though, is that any setting I attempt to change through the web app will constantly request my password. It will not allow me to change any options as it will not properly authenticate that way.
Good thing the command line application is pretty solid.

1 Like

I got that and Rocketchat setup. I feel awesome

It's really nice, but I'm having nothing but trouble getting it to work. Collabora breaks every 5 minutes or so, if I change my password, it locks me out of all the other web browsers where the password was changed... I'm kinda frustrated with it, but at the same time, it's pretty good from a "it's available everywhere" perspective.

A product launch so good, it's competition closed its doors within 12 hours of the announcment

1 Like

Since the fork Nextcloud has improved a lot over ownCloud in terms of features, performance, security and stability, It is also now completely open source which is great.