Just Do It Challenge: Revival Edition

I’ve been looking for a push to dive back into wallpaper making. This will do.

For the rest of the Month I’ll make High Quality Desktop wallpapers at 3440x1440 using a combination of modding, ReShade, & Lightroom and post them on:
The Official Wallpaper Thread

They’ll be posted Ever Sunday for the Rest of the Month by 20:00 ET.

8 Likes

I’ll start. My latest screw up. 7 months on Linux, 3 months on Arch. I’ll go big, Raid 0 on 2 nvme’s. 4 attempts, and total failure to boot. Asus Zenith extreme, 2950x and 2 970 evos.

timedatectl set-ntp true
parted -a optimal /dev/nvme0n1
mklabel gpt
mkpart primary 1MiB 2MiB
name 1 grub
set 1 bios_grub on
mkpart primary 2MiB 130MiB
name 2 boot
set 2 boot on
mkpart primary 130MiB 464601MiB
name 3 rootfs
mkpart primary 464601MiB 100%
name 4 tmp
print
quit
parted -a optimal /dev/nvme1n1
mklabel gpt
mkpart primary 1MiB 129MiB
name 1 boot
set 1 boot on
mkpart primary 129MiB 464600MiB
name 2 rootfs
mkpart primary 464600MiB 100%
name 3 tmp
print
quit
mdadm --create --verbose --level=1 --metadata=1.0 --raid-devices=2 /dev/md0 /dev/nvme0n1p2 /dev/nvme1n1p1
mdadm --create --verbose --level=0 --metadata=1.2 --chunk=64 --raid-devices=2 /dev/md1 /dev/nvme0n1p3 /dev/nvme1n1p2
mdadm --create --verbose --level=0 --metadata=1.2 --chunk=64 --raid-devices=2 /dev/md2 /dev/nvme0n1p4 /dev/nvme1n1p3
lvmdiskscan
pvcreate /dev/md0
pvcreate /dev/md1
pvcreate /dev/md2
vgcreate vg_boot /dev/md0
vgcreate vg_main /dev/md1
vgcreate vg_tmp /dev/md2
vgscan
lvcreate -l +100FREE vg_boot -n bootfs
lvcreate -L 30GiB vg_main -n rootfs
lvcreate -l +100FREE vg_main -n homefs
lvcreate -l +100FREE vg_tmp -n tmpfs
lvscan
mkfs.fat -F32 /dev/mapper/vg_boot-bootfs
mkfs.ext4 /dev/mapper/vg_main-rootfs
mkfs.ext4 /dev/mapper/vg_main-homefs
mkfs.ext4 /dev/mapper/vg_tmp-tmpfs
mount /dev/mapper/vg_main-rootfs /mnt
mkdir /mnt/boot
mkdir /mnt/home
mkdir /mnt/tmp
mount /dev/mapper/vg_boot-bootfs /mnt/boot
mount /dev/mapper/vg_main-homefs /mnt/home
mount /dev/mapper/vg_tmp-tmpfs /mnt/tmp

pacstrap -i /mnt base base-devel
genfstab -U /mnt > /mnt/etc/fstab
arch-chroot /mnt /bin/bash
nano /etc/locale.gen
ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Los_Angeles /etc/localtime
hwclock --systohc --utc
nano /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
MODULES=“dm_mod”
HOOKS="base…block mdadm_udev lvm2 filesystems cntl o cntl x
mkinitcpio -p linux
pacman -S grub
grub-install /dev/nvme0n1
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
echo gusto > /etc/hostname
nano /etc/hosts
127.0.1.1 localhost.localdomain gusto ctrl o ctrl x
pacman -S net-tools
passwd
exit
umount -R /mnt
reboot

3 Likes

I’d join in but knowing myself I’d take a month or more just to decide how I want to go about it. I know, I know. Just have a hard time with the Just do it part of Just do it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Awwww shiiiitttt

I think I’m gonna have to get in on this.

2 Likes

Make a list of things, print it out, throw a dart (or fork) at it.

2 Likes

So since I might be doing a few unrelated things, for tracking purposes should I just link them all in one post, or in separate posts?

First bit for Just Do It™ Challenge:

A new front panel for the 3D printable STX case. Maybe more later?

2 Likes

Alright, for the Just Do It™ Challenge, I’m gonna hop on the youtube moneyz bandwagon.

Yall are gonna see my ugly mug after nearly 5 years.

That and… you’ll just have to watch to see the projects I’m working on.

8 Likes

I’ll throw two Projects in here.

1. My current attempt at making an SSH Connection Manager for WIndows:
    Creating a SSH Connection Manager for Windows
    Moving target and might change from UWP to TUI, but no matter what, i’ll have an executable that’ll let me Select SSH Sessions at the end.

2. Since it already has a given deadline: I need to create a piece of music for a good friends twitch stream. It’ll be the first orchestral piece i’ve ever written and it’s freakin’ complicated. Deadline is the 18th of August, so two weeks. Not sure what comes out of this, but i commited to it. Thread will go up later.

4 Likes

whatever you like

Pretty sure you are an automatic ewaste win anyway for help from before if you like! :smiley:

1 Like

I retract this. Too many issues lining up, too many spanners and curve balls.

I submit this (kinda retroactively):

3 Likes

I’m in. Got a big launch at work, but that means that the pressure is about to be off in a big way.

I’ve got… two things, actually, that would fit the bill.

1 Like

I’ll do the fan fiction: Wendell, Ryan, and Kreestuh’s journey to hostile northern territory (Canada) and meet with an ancient mage and his council (Linus Sebastian and LTX). The ancient mage is stuck in his ways, refusing to bend to the new era of magick (GNU/Qt/systemd/Linux). But the Winds of Fortune are changing, and the Overlord Romulus Gates and his Lord Marshall Drunks Ballmer are shifting in order to capitalize on the changing of the seasons.

Can the L1T crew convince the ancient mage and his ilk to rally against the Overlord and his army? Or will a new Dark Age over take them, one with proprietary FOSS that is Free as in TOTALITARIANISM?

8 Likes

I prefer the ending where everyone stops acting like a fucking wad and just uses their computer happily ever after.

4 Likes

I would love to join in, but RL is pushing me hard lately so I won’t have the free time for that.
Can offer a prise though…

I, uh, might have gotten a little out of control with the story.

1 Like

Started a mini-series on making a Linux workstation. The series will be done by the deadline.

https://admindev.tech/podcast

Not sure if this can count, but I’ll submit this for feedback and stay on the story for the contest.

Disclaimer:

If you dox me I will skull fuck your entire existence.

6 Likes

My participation to Just do it comp is:
I’ll play classic world of warcraft this month on linux machine and probably ruin my life by doing so.
Sounds like good times, right?

Just got info that i didn’t get in a tech school… But i have other fishes in the bond to catch. Never have all eggs in one basket.

Perhaps i will read another 2 tech book this month, or one really really well.

Day job and kids has me swamped but I would be interested in putting together a small report on what I do for a day job if anyone is interested.

My work is a little out of the ordinary and I also just sealed the deal to do some Precision AG work that some on here would find interesting.

If anyone would like to see that let me know. If not, I’ll leave well enough alone and try to get in on this next time.

5 Likes

Not to troll or anything, but I have created a present in the wash room. Must be a foot long and a half something.

1 Like