JRPG suggestions

How is this helping me? You have just wasted your time by commenting a fighting game from 2005 on a topic that does not seek my interests at all. Yes its early 00's but its not a JRPG and thats what I want. Next time be more useful when trying to help someone out.

Its not even a fighting game it just use a more beatem up for a battle system. The game has random battles, side quests, levelling and tons of story. The modern yakuza games since yakuza 3 are very rpg heavy in it machinics.

Valkyria Chronicles has been making a lot of noise on both PS4 and PC. It's apparently a well made remaster/remake and it's become of a cult classic.

Did you not read the post I do not want any Tatical games.

Nope, I'm tactically sorry. I'll be tact to my fullest extent before replying again.

Breath of Fire 3
Lunar: Silver Star Complete
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
Legend of Legaia
Final Fantasy IX

Breath of Fire 3 is perhaps my favorite of the series, so if you have played the first 2, PLEASE play the 3rd. Legend of Legaia was an odd one for me. My friend had one of the developers living across the street from him, so when we got it, we thought we only got a demo. NOPE! We played the HELL out of that game, and it was worth every second. The battle system was amazingly unique, and just a ton of fun. For the time, the cinematics were breath-taking, and overall just a great game. For FF9, I can honestly say it is a fantastic game, and a return to the feel of FF1-6; a must play.

Now, I saved this one for last. The Lunar series. Lunar is what I would consider the pinnacle of the 90's era jRPG's. It had the charming graphics of the Breath of Fire Series, polished anime-style cinematics, flawless battle system, a beautifully crafted world, amazing story, absolutely some of my favorite characters and amazing character development, and on top of all that, it had voice overs. These were not the horribly crafted ones most think of from that time period, rather they were actually really good and gave life to the characters.

Honestly, Lunar, Lunar 2, Breath of Fire 3, FF8, and FF9 were my top 5 of that time period, with Legend of Legaia probably tying with FF9.

1 Like

Just wondering why are you only wanting only turn based ones, As you have pointed out in your first post that FFT is by definition a JRPG and your going to be missing out on some fantastic none turn based JRPG games.

BoF 3: I played the remastered version on the PSP... great game just that the Master Teacher system just a bit daunting.
FFIX: I actually bought the android release of the game, great game just rage quitted before the last boss.

Ya, i actually had to resort to a few guides to build my BoF3 characters to their best. There really is just so much to that game, that I've played through it several times..... And been stuck in that damn desert longer than i care to admit....... Damn crossing that desert to hell!

My first playthrough of the game when i was much younger I didn't understand the master system almost at all and didn't pay much attention to it. Still was able to get to the end, though I'll admit the final area was incredibly hard and I essentially had to run from most battles to survive (could have been due to other problems on my side too).

Played through more recently with a decent understanding of the Master system though, and even the end was a breeze. There are good guides now for understanding how to stack and different ideas, but it's not necessary to completely maximize things to get good benefit out of the system (I still didn't do everything right and did fine from it).

Disgaea, Suikoden, and Xenoblade.

Maybe Phantasy Star if you really have nothing to do.

Guys thank you so much for the JRPG reccomendations..... well most of you who commented on this post. Please no more reccomendations since i'm pretty much set for now.