Jail breaking iOS 6

I've always wanted an iPhone, and I got one back in September. When I upgraded to iOS 6 I wanted to jailbreak, see what it was like. A couple of weeks back now iOS 6 jailbreak was released and I thought I'd try it, but I'm now restoring right now as we speak back to factory defaults.

Bugs I found are; Camera Crashing - Unable to load, Crashes on shutter, phone restart. 

Apps crashing, randomly closing, slow loading, input lag.

This is on an iPhone 4S, and I know these are two problems that could be minor. I like the concept of customization and liked that part, while it was jailbroken, but fairly new to the iOS scene, how has jailbreaking been in the past. 

Are these stability issues down to just iOS 6, or has jailbreaking been pretty unstable since It was fist implemented?

Should I jailbreak iOS in the future, is it worth it? Kinda tempted to go back to Windows Phone - More locked down but I loved my Omnia 7 before it bit the bullet. :(

I'm a little confused since i have only used android phones exclusively, but it's my understanding that that a "jailbreak" is just giving your user account root admin. It sounds like you wound up installing a custom ios6 rom that is running on nightlies.

I'd restore and then rejailbreak.  I've had my iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and current iPhone 5 all jailbroken and never experienced those types of problems.  Also, what jailbreak program did you use?

Used Evasion, to jailbreak iOS 6. It's been restored. Will rejailbreak tomorrow some time.

Whats the best jailbreak program to use?

Make sure you use the latest version of evasi0n, which is 1.3 as of right now.  Once in Cydia download "iCleaner", this will help clean up gunk from your iPhone and make it faster.  There is a tab on the bottom that looks like a speedometer, go in there and turn all the options off.  Stop once it gets to the Mobile Substrate part.  Remove all the languages you do not need, all the non-retina images, 4" images, and iPad images.  Remove keyboard and voice control languages as well.  You have to select what languages you do not use.  Keep Japanese if  you use Emoji.

Make sure you always close apps you are not using.

Honestly, The jailbrake community for iOS died mostly back last year, between Jully and september. Its still possible but now days, iPhones just arnt as powerful as its compeditors. They boasted about having the most powerful cpu over their compeditors (Samsung) when they released their Iphone 5 but what they failed to tell people was it was more powerful than the US Galaxy s3 not the internation phone. I have used Samsung, Nokia, Apple and Blackberry and I have to say at this very moment, Samsung is the strongest, Followed by apple, then Nokia and finaly blackberry. This isnt set in stone however, When samsung drops support for Android in the comming months, LG will probly pick up. iPhone will allways have its community but if you want flexability, go android, It has really improved since the 2.3 days and is currently the best in my opinion for now. Keep an eye on Ubuntu mobile and the new Windows phones. Android is going to hit a slump when Samsung leaves and Samsungs new operating system is bound to be under supported for the first 6 months.