Issues with KVM + Filco Majestouch 2 + Logitech Pro X Superlight on macOS 12.2

Hey folks,

I recently purchased the 1.4 DP KVM switch with 3 monitors variant, and it’s been working great except for one very strange issue. Whenever I press “Caps Lock” on my keyboard, my mouse stops working until I restarted the Logitech G Hub App.

Here’s my current setup.

• KVM + Caldigit TS4 + MBP 2019 with macOS Monterey 12.2
  • Both keyboard (Filco Majestouch 2) and mouse (Logitech Pro X Superlight) use the HID ports
  • All 3 monitors are connected via DP cables, then TS4 picks up two monitors via Cablematters USB C to DP cables and another one goes directly into the MBP via another CableMatters USB C to DP cable
  • No remapping

Moreover, the mouse doesn’t work on any of the USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports at all (both front and back). I tried to reproduce this same exact issue with another keyboard and that was working fine. I suspect that has to do something with the interaction between this keyboard-mouse pair. I did find a post on this forum titled “Issues with KVM + Keychron K8 + Logitech Pro X Superlight” (I can’t drop links here) that shared similar symptoms.

UPDATE 1:
I also decided to try this on my Windows 10 PC and the problem still persisted, and I’m guessing I can isolate the OS change here.

I decided to try the “USB 3.2 Gen 2 Follow” port selection hotkey (Hotkey Leading Code + F7) and the mouse works on the USB 3.2 port and the caps lock issue is gone!

While I’m glad this works out, can someone remind me what these following functions do exactly? Also I’m guessing that now the mouse works well on USB 3.2, there’s probably some strange interception/trigger that within the HID ports :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.