Issues with G.Skill 128GB(32x4) Trident Z Royal

First time builder, and i went quite big:
3960x
MSI Creator TRX40
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600MHz CL18-22-22-42 1.35V 128GB (4x32GB)

After some issues in the beginning getting it to post, it all was fixed after bios update and reinstalling 2 of the 4 RAM sticks. Installed Win 10 flawlessly, all nice and dandy.
Problem is the RAM runs @ 2666MHz. If i enable aXMP it tells me the Overclock Failed. I tried setting timings manually to the 18-22-22-42, setting 3600 MHz manually, everything fails

As i said, this is my first build, so my experience in quite limited, i read a ton and watched a lot of videos.

I saw Wendells 01.06.2020 - Checking Out GSkill’s NEW 256GB/3600Mhz Threadripper RAM vid, but i dont see anything i could do different. It's same new G.Skill RAM just the 128 version in my case, same mobo, same CPU i think, or was it 3970x in the youtube vid...i doubt thats the reason tho.

Any suggestion would be totally appreciated, on how to get the most of my new ram, in order for it to actually justify the hefty premium-price paid.

You could have a bad stick. Try using 1 stick at a time and see if you can identify a problem one. If that is the issue exchange the kit at the store you got it from. Hopefully the new kit will work.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.