Isdone.dll error when Installing game on Windows 11

Hi everyone, I have an Alder Lake build so I had to install Windows 11, I ran ThisIsWin11 from github to debloat the OS and the system seems ok. One major problem is that eveytime I try to install a game outside of Steam it gives me the Isdone.dll error. All the solutions that google gives you are not very useful, like setting the page memory size, install the game in safe mode, register the files etc… Is there anyone with the same problem out there?
Thanks
Daniele

But

It seems like ThisIsWin11 might be the issue?

I tried three different version of W11 without using TIW and nothing, I even tried installing the last version of 7zip (it was supposed to put the proper dll in place…). I ended up disabling the efficiency cores and installing W10.

Ok the problem is bigger than I thought, I was sure it was about W11 but I have the same problem with the same Windows 10 I was using before, it has to do with the CRC check when decompressing anything, even the nvidia driver now. Any idea?

Try and rule out faulty hardware first. Have you tested your RAM?

I’ll try memtest now and let you know.

Yes, RAM totally failed memtest :frowning:

I was really stupid, once I enabled XMP profile 2 the RAM started to work properly at 6000.

I had the same problem, clean win11 install, all new computer, fitgirl repacks and elamigos games would always crc check fail in isdone.dll and unarc.dll.

My new computer:
Ryzen 5500
Kingston Renegade RGB 3600 cl16 (2x16GB)
asus tuf b550m gaming plus
Crucial P3 Plus 2TB
Radeon RX6700XT

In my case i had xmp enabled working at 3600mhz, as kingston default declares for the renegade modules.

Finally i could install games just after disabling xmp and my ram’s running at 2400.

When xmp was enabled, Memtest86 showed some errors and now i’m thinking on rma them to amazon as the are only 2 weeks old.

I paid a little more for those ram thinking they were much better as they stated 3600mhz at cl16 but i’m very dissapointed now.

I might just buy some corsairs 3600 cl18?

I’ll give a try for a new pair of renegades and try to install these elamigos and fitgirl repacks with xmp enabled at 3600 again when amazon sends me the new ones.

Of course i will also memtest the new sticks, i can’t understand how a pair of new ram sticks supposed to be high class nowadays with all the fabric tests give errors.

you either ran out of disk space or the cracks your using are getting quarantined by your av.

isdone.dll is a decompression dll/unpacker so likely your archive is corrupted if its throwing it while you install something.

seriously mate stay clear of fitgirl or any of the other RU cracking groups.
the amount of trojans ive been hit with since the start of the ukraine war has been ridiculous.
normally the site i used kept there archives clean but 3 times ive been hit with the same script installer thats gotten by both defender and avira.

its a multi parter that hides in your user temp folder. it tries to add a variable to system and then trys to download and install other applications.
the only reason i found it quick is it shit the bed when it couldnt dial out and left its shell console open.

so do yourself a solid and take a look at your disks. if you have been jack sparra-ing on the regular, you likely have some nasties lurking.

That’s true I always avoid these groups. Anyway for me it was just a problem of ram stability that I solved adding a little voltage.