Is this worth the price?

Hi I’ve been looking for a new laptop for a while. I wanted a thin and light gaming laptop that I can throw in my bag and leave quickly since I travel a lot. I was wondering what you guys thought of this deal?

It’s an Acer Triton 500 with the the I7 8750h with the rtx 2080 maxq for under $2200 after tax and shipping. I was looking at the Msi Gs65 stealth with the 2080 also but I saw a Dave2D video about the Triton and he said he liked the build quality over the Msi and a similar spec Gs65 is $2700 before tax on Amazon. I wanted to ask what you guys thought and if you knew anything about the Acer?

Looks like a good deal to me, assuming there’s a decent SSD in it

I would recommend some long term reviews. Acer is not bad but they got some products that have some major issues. Just my thoughts on Acer products based on past experiences and word of mouth from friends and family.

I’ll second that. Got an Acer laptop for a friend of mine and he had to RMA it. Apparently it’s fairly common for the sensor for the battery to go bad and it just stops functioning

It’s got a 512GB nvme SSD in it

Thanks for the input. I was actually able to price match it at Best Buy for $2200 with no tax shipping to one in Delaware near my dad’s house. I think I’m going to pick up their accidental protection on it since Best Buy gives you store credit for the original price of the machine so if any issues I can use the store credit towards a different laptop.

1 Like

Oh nice. Definitely recommend Best Buy. They have a 15 day return policy just take it back no questions asked. I have used their protection plan a couple of times. Basically give you store credit towards something of similar or more value. You pay the difference if it’s more and for the protection plan on the new item.