Is there any 48" 4K monitors?

So here’s the thing…
I bought a 32"1440p monitor some time ago and I am beyond happy with it. I was told 32"1440p is literally 24"1080p…
So that means if I want 4k resolution I would need a 48" screen. Is there even a 48" screen available in 4k?
I’d love Free sync and IPS and 75Hz and what not, but honestly I have not really seen anything more than 43" and some ultrawides. Is there even a 48" 4K on the market at all?

LG CX OLED 48" is probably the choice here. Not technically a “monitor” but you can absolutely use it as such. Here’s a spotlight from Linus Tech Tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9n8Hz_RLqw

3 Likes

Not even available in my country…

Pete you might as well just get a TV at that point, there are hdmi 2.1 or w/e that have free sync type features.

3 Likes

Just be careful with the configuration if you go that route.
I don’t know if it’s still true for the current models, but I’m just gonna assume it is… 4:4:4 subsampling only works if the input uses the PC Icon in the Input configuration, then another option (deep color or something) becomes available that uses it. On all other Icons it uses 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 IIRC.

1 Like

The fact that literally means nothing to me means it won’t matter…
To be fair I am asking more as a curiosity, since the 1440p screen I have ways surprisingly crazy cheap, so maybe there is a weirdly specific 4K screen.that.may be fitting my needs as well. 1500$ is far from what I may be willing to pay for a monitor…

As a one liner: 4:4:4 subsampling makes fonts look actually readable instead of a pile of :poop: in 4:2:0 (and ofc also image quality overall).
If you’re interested in the details: https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/chroma-subsampling.

There are various 42’’ Monitors at this point, which isn’t far off from 48 anyway and about the same PPI as 27’’ at 1440p. I don’t know of any 48’’ Monitors, only TVs.

2 Likes

The thing is I already have the 32" 1440 from a couple years ago and I’m trying to build around it since is super cool monitor. I really like it and I kinda don’t want to change it. I guess 27" 1440p is about the same as 22" 1080p or something but I still have my great 32"…

I have to say that LG televisions make pretty good monitors. I have a 65" 4K I use as a second monitor on my Windows desktop. It’s mounted on the wall behind my desk and I use it for video, web pages, Task Manager, HWINFO, etc, etc.

I have another one in the living room which is a 55" LG OLED I bought this year which makes an amazing monitor. I also use it as a TV of course. Mostly streaming apps like Netflix, Prime, etc.

I love OLED. I have concerns about the burn-in issue but in the meantime I’m going to enjoy it.

Edit: Another note on this is: Make sure you use a high-quality HDMI 2.1 cable. If your cable is not good enough you will get annoying image corruption and black screen flicker as the connection resets.

3 Likes
1 Like

No my friend, ultrawides are not for me… Just like the TKL keyboards…

My main thing here is to match pixel density. That’s why I am looking for that one specific size and resolution.

I would say 4k TV top of the line. Anything more than 4k movie watching is mostly unrealistic even now with gpus just beginning to hit solid 60 fps.

1 Like

And of course the local market have 43 and 49" models so to mess with me. For fucks sake…

There are just no 48" screens available in this fokin country… It’s all 49" and that 1" will mess with the scaling I am trying to preserve,…

1 inch on that scale is nothing, it comes down to decimals and is hardly noticable… also some “49 inch” screens are like 48.5 and so are 48 inch screens. They are almost never exactly that size.

Just like most “24 inch” are actually more like 23.8.

2 Likes

Did y’all see this? Seems pretty neat.

1 Like

The goal here is to preserve the pixel density… That’s why I’m looking for a specific size and resolution…

Did I miss someone else posting this one?

https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-oled48cxpub-oled-4k-tv

1 Like

Was in the first post, just without a link :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Can get TVs that are roughly 49" for surprisingly cheqp nowadays.

Not exactly what you want, but for every diagonal inch a screen only gets like 0.8 inch wider and 0.5 inch taller, so I don’t think most people would notice much of a difference between a 48 inch and 49 inch TV.

1 Like