Is the Tek Linux channel dead? I miss it :(

Hmm, not a bad idea. I think some of the really crazy goals like $25k/mo go toward funding minions in working on projects "in a lab" so I could generate more mad scientist type videos. I don't know how much fan support for things like that there are, though. For now almost all the income we have just goes to just keeping basic operations a float. I'm just volunteer/hobby but I do have a single part time student helper that helps to eek out whatever we can on the peanut shells and used rubber bands we're able to sell on the black market haha.

3 Likes

Of course, I completely understand the circumstances.
I'm just a recent Patreon and I looked at the goals closer than I did before, obviously wanting to help get more Linux oriented content,
''' I once thought there was a goal for the Tek Linux channel, but I could misunderstood that '''

I also am a fairly new Linux user myself, and can honestly say that the quality of content and community can be a serious draw of revenue for Tek Syndicate considering most Linux YouTubers are using stick mic's and 240p webcams, and although it's decent content at the core, it's just distracting and not concise.

We want to help if we can !

The Linux community is lacking quality programming, vblogs, etc and Tek Syndicate can definitely provide that.

thanks for the reply