Is the RSV-L4500U available anywhere? If not are there affordable alternatives?

I found the RSV-L4500U case that seems perfect for what I want to do, which is upgrade my TrueNAS from 1 pool with 6 drives ZFS-Z2 with no spares to 2 6 drive pools of ZFS-Z2 with a hot spare on each pool. 15 drive bays seems perfect, plus I’m using a Ryzen system, so I’d like to have room for a nice sized cooler, 4U seems perfect. I swear these were available last month when I found them, now they can’t be found anywhere. Is this a typical sold out, will be restocked thing, or should I go looking somewhere else?
I still have to buy the MB, RAM, and SAS/SATA controller, so I’d like to keep it around $200 max.

Ive been looking for them as well. Looks like they’re out of stock atm or maybe they are phasing out the model?

I think I found Rosewill’s OEM/ODM but I cannot find a proper side rack rail to it:

It has a slightly different front but the inside and back seems the same.

Your problem is that, tariffs will apply along with shipping so the price may not be as good…

wait i found their side rails…

Unsure if this is the right one but it was under the “frequently bought together” section of the 4u chassis store page.

Unfortunately shipping starts at $250.

1 Like

I feel you. Im in the same boat. I need to buy a server part (Chenbro) from Taiwan but I can seem to find an english reseller that will ship to me.

For some reason, it had to go from Asia to the US and back to Asia and it only makes the shipping and freight industry richer…

Got a message from Rosewill. The RSV-L4500U is back in stock. It’s on Amazon for $229 with free shipping.

2 Likes

Somehow they are only available within the US. I am SOL here outside/overseas…

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.