Is the Level1 HDMI KVM no longer being produced?

I purchased one at the tail end of 2019 and love using it for my rack setup, swapping between a NAS, two misc small servers, and an M1 Mac Mini.

I wanted to buy another one to be able to more easily swap between consoles that are plugged in to my TV. It’s an older 1080p60 model where the remote is broken and the buttons, so HDMI 2.0 would be fine.

Problem is that it’s no longer listed in the store, and I can’t really find any mention of it being removed or if there are any plans to release a new model.i believe Wendell had a video where he talked about the differences in HDMI cable specifications and mentioned the KVM, but I don’t believe he outright said he was working on a new HDMI KVM.

Does anyone know of they’ll be making more in the future? And are there plans to make HDMI 2.1 / 2.1a versions with all the fancy features?

In this video published 2 weeks ago, Wendell talked about buying a $15k cable tester to suss out DisplayPort issues. 38 second into the video, he mentions a “new model KVM I’ve been working on”.

My hunch is that there will be a new model Level1Tech KVM, including USB-C and power delivery, but that it’s not quite ready for launch.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for the HDMI KVM switch but it seems like this model had been abandoned?

No, sorry, I do have a few :slight_smile:

I have been “very close” to working hdmi 2.1 for a long time, but I only can guarantee hdmi 2.0 features because The chipsets are weird. Hence the long delay.

Sorry.
What specs do you need on the hdmi side?

2x2 supporting 4K@60Hz? I’d live with QHD@60Hz.

I’m not sure about this part but hopefully the KVM will handle EDID in such a way that it will tell the OS only resolution/refresh that it can support and not just blindly passthrough.

My current KVM will pass through my QHD up to 144Hz, which it cannot handle, resulting in a blank screen for one monitor when X decides to go for it. I end up using a script to reset xrandr to 60Hz every time I switch.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.