Is pressure still building up in my loop?

I’ve been using pastel coolant in my loop for nearly 8 years. Over the past year, I noticed the water level in the reservoir slowly getting pushed down as pressure built up. This caused water to leak out from the bottom of the case. By the looks of it, it loosened an o ring at my drain port on the bottom radiator. No idea if the radiator itself sprung a leak.

Currently, I’ve done a ton of flushes, and ran EK’s loop cleaner through once for a few hours. I got a ton of dye out of the system, and the distilled water now runs clear. Not even a slight hue. But, I still see little bubbles forming on the sides of the tube res above the water level. I still have not been able to identify the source of the leak, nor confirm if I fixed it. Going to run this loop for a few days while waiting on additional cleaner.

I’m going to run another serving of the loop cleaner through for 24 hours, use their flush twice, and then wash everything out with distilled. The EK cleaning solution is more effective than Mayhems.

Anyone know if the little bubbles on the top sides are a sign of still having pressure build up?

What it looked like a few months back vs currently.

I remember opening one of the enermax thread ripper aio to replace the fluid and the fluid was so pressurized it shot out like 15ft and landed in the megadesk PC

I don’t know the answer to your question but be careful when handling the loop

Imho PC loops aren’t as high pressure as e.g some cars cooling systems…
However I guess if system is totally closed and airtight and there is no room for expansion and contraction…

Im using bykski fittings in my loop and on the top of my resevoir I have a “pressure release valve” … I’m sure Ek or some other makes will have similiar

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.