Is my CPU a bottleneck?

Hello,

A while back I built my CPU with 1 Radeon 7950 and a couple months ago I purchased another Radeon 7950. However, I only notice a minimal improvement. Is it possible that my i7-2600 is a bottlekneck? The rest of my system specs are on my account page.

Thanks,

MaxterTheTurtle

Shouldn't be. You enabled crossfire, right?

Yeah, in CCC. I'm not sure, I guess I was hoping for a 35%+ improvement. The only improvement that I have seen right not is in synthetic benchmarks. All the games, Skyrim, Planet Side 2, Deus Ex, Crysis 2, etc maybe increase by 2% FPS, while Skyrim actually degrades in preformance.

I'm also running catalyst 13.2 - Beta 5.

I would check the load on the GPU's with something like MSI afterburner. Skyrim has issues with enabling Crossfire correct. It took quite a bit of messing around with it to get it to work right with my 6850's. I think I used another games Crossfire profile to get mine to work correctly.

Yes, to be honest, a lot of games actually benefit from just using a single GPU. xfire is tempermental, at best. I'd suggest selling the 7950s and investing in a single 7970.

A lot of games don't support multiGPU on the AMD side right now how ever crysis 2 should be one of the ones that does support it. What I am saying is that a lot of games you will see a very minimal to no difference in performance.

No way the i7 would be bottlenecking. Sell them and get a 7970 or 680 like Toast said.

Sadly, crossfire doesnt do much for gaming. Youll be lucky to see a 15% fps increase.

A good dual GPU card is the best rout for AMD. As much as I hate to admit it, Nvidia has the market cornered right now as far as gaming is concerned.