Is it possible to have too much water cooling? What's the max in a HAF 700 case?

Great video “Pun’ishment with the HAF 700 EVO”, LOVE this case! To tackle the HUGE increase in heat from all this next generation hardware, surely there is finally the incentive for the majority of people, who can afford to buy the top of the range new gear, to switch to custom water loop cooling, as the ultimate way to cool, stabilise, silent running, and performance boosting (no thermal throttling)? I am planning on a single custom water loop with three 420mm radiators (which was over the top in previous generations, but if you still want silent and extreme cooling, now sounds sensible), with water cooling blocks for CPU, GPU, M.2 gen5 drive (which apparently WILL need cooling), and even DDR5 RAM. I’m currently thinking a Cooler Master HAF 700 BERSERKER or EVO pc case, although I heard a rumour that although Cooler Master claim you can install a 420mm radiator in top + side and bottom at the SAME TIME, there is no holes suitable for a 420mm at the top of the case; so if you could check this, and if it proves the case (pun intended) check what would be the maximum possible water cooling setup in that case, eg. would you get even more ‘passive’ cooling two X 360mm top + 420mm side + 420mm bottom simultaneously, possibly even something on the front or back. Would love some expert advice for us enthusiasts wanting the ultimate in water cooling and silent rigs. Thanks in advance from a loyal viewer.

There will be a limit of how fast a block can remove heat from a CPU and no amount of rads will help that
What will help is direct die cooling, that increase the rate at which heat is transferred

1 Like

While idea of more radiators is good, the block(s) will be your rigs critical point
Lapping of CPUs IHS / direct contact, will be most efficient interaction(s) possible
Don’t forget that each radiator applied, will be adding [some] air flow hindrance

Could throw down a few novel idears… Take with salt shaker, I’ve NEVER ever done LC

[Flood bottom with 120mms + back 120s as intake – Forcing a chimney effect]

• CPU run with top 360mm + GPU run with top 360mm
  • CPU run with front 420mm + (2) GPU run with top (2) 360mm rads

Maybe future core designs will need a primary cooling loop where a non electrical fluid is pumped through channels directly in the silicone, and then exchanges heat with a secondary cooling loop, like in a nuclear reactor :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.