Is it possible to control an iPhone 4s from your computer (like remote desktop software)

Pretty self explanatory from the title. My friend is looking to try and control his iphone remotely using this tutorial. We were wondering 1. if it actually works, and 2. whether there will be any consequences from his carrier (verizon) for jailbreaking his phone? He'd rather not get his plan ended, his family would not be particularly happy about that. Any help is much appreciated.

Jailbreaking isn't illegal, Verizon won't care, the issue of Jailbreaking is actually from Apple, in which case if something breaks, they just won't fix it.

As far as I know, there's nothing that can do this, even if you're jail broken. Sorry OP :/

Ok, that's what I was wondering. Thanks.

Use teamviewer. You dont have to jailbreak and its on the appstore.

The goal is to be able to control the phone (no idea why he wants to but that's neither here not there) teamviewer appears to be for controlling the computer.

Yes you can do this, weather or not the programs are up to date for the iPhone side of things im not sure. You must jail break your device and what you do is put a VNC server on it and control it like you would a computer.

-- Just clicked the link. But yes its a thing i have done it before.

Jailbreak and search cydia for veency.

Do note that both devices must be jailbroken and have veency installed forbit to work. I did this before with an old iphone 3gs and ipod 2nd gen., so you should be able to do this perfectly fine.