Is it necessary to install Windows 7 when installing a new MB?

I recently decided to upgrade my CPU and MB and have been looking into what steps are necessary when installing a new MB. I found that people are saying to Backup my HDD save what I want all that good stuff and do all installing of new mb and cpu aswell as installing a fresh install of W7.

But I would think that is not fully necessary to do because W7 is already installed in my HDD so it wouldnt be necessary to do so....If i'm correct i'm not 100% on it.

So some insight on what is right and what to do would be great as well as any other tips or precautions that should be taken when doing this. I'm dying to put these parts in.  

Thanks for any help :)

No, just right click on my computer>manage>Device manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI and if there is anything listed other than "ATA Channel 0" (Can be Channel 0, 1, 2, whatever) OR anything that says "General" Then uninstall it and shut down. Do this right before you switch. if you restart, those drivers will install automatically. and youll have to start over.

Not needed but recommened, this is because different motherboard means different chipsets to install. You have Windows 7 with an old chipset and your giving it a new motherboard with a different chipset. People are more worried about the old drivers possibly conflicting with the new ones and interfering with how the chipset will work. This is why it is recommended to fresh install Windows 7 after changing motherboards.

If you just uninstall the chipset drivers, it saves a lot of time.

you have to uninstall all drivers first, then you can try it, if you have luck it works if not you will get a bsod during bootup, this most of the times happens. i would recommend a clean install anyway.

Well trying to uninstall it via programs and features doesn't exactly yield a lot of results. Using device manager won't necessarily remove all the left over files after uninstalling that one driver. Is it really worth the hassle trying to remove all the drivers manually and possibly still get BSOD, or just do a fresh install and get your set up over with.

EDIT: ahh, misteryangel ninja'd me during my research for more information.

Ahh I found this, still recommended to re-install OS anyways. http://www.ngohq.com/?page=Articles&go=read&arc_id=36