Ipad retina display interface board

I'm planing on doing the iPad display hack like Wendell did in a video a while back. While looking for the panel I came across this board- http://www.adafruit.com/products/1716?gclid=COmahd_chr4CFTIV7AodslgAKg. What is the difference between this one and the one show in the video because this one is about $85 with shipping as apposed to the board featured in the video that is $115 shipped?

I really don't know, but I want this thread to stay alive.

bump

Looking at them, they are not all that different. Both of them are DP passthroughs with backlight drivers. The one Wendell uses is more expandable due to the I2C bus. The Adafruit is just a driver board and nothing more. They both do a similar job but get whatever your comfortable with. Also the flat-flex ribbon cable on the retina display is very fragile, be careful.

How fragile? Do you mean laptop display ribbon cable fragile or the self-esteem of a tumbler girl fragile.

about 1/3 of the way on the tumbler girl fragile. The adafruit converter is fine. If you're ambitious, you can build your own with a $15 connector and an LED driver. Any PWM led driver will work fine. The other is programmable.. but the adafruit driver is totally fine.

I really need to finish up the "insanely great" 30th anniversary mac parody. Basically I play the role of steve jobs and unpack the minimac and make fun of apple because apple in 1984 was saying think different and dont just settle for a beige box and blah blah blah.

and here we are 30 years later and apple is telling me I cant even pick a dark color scheme on the ipod. it'd be kinda funny. Apples aluminum fetish is slightly sexier than IBM's beige boxes but I need to add a pristine IBM XT to my collection. I had a PC jr but. I threw it out because it was scratched up.

Thanks for the info but on the ROZSNYO converter could I use a 2-pin connector from my pci power cable to power the board or do I have have a positive and negative cable wired up to some where else in the power supply?