Intermittent WiFi drop troubleshooting help

Hi All,

I was looking to figure out and troubleshoot some weird wifi/internet drops I’ve been having lately.

This happens specifically on my laptop whe I’m connected to a vpn (currently using surfshark)
I’ll be all fine for around 10 mins and then everything just drops soon after using the internet, whether that’s watching youtube, or just browsing in general.

Best case is it’ll reconnect in around few mins (around 5 mins) the worse is it’ll drop my wifi all together, and when I disconnect from surfshark everything works normally.

It’s worse when my laptop is running on battery, and when powered with a charger it happen a little less.

This behaviour started a few days ago when we had a power outage, and back then once power was out I turned off my device and waited for power to come back on before rebooting anything. Weird thing is before this time everything worked fine.

Because this sounds, and probably is, super neiche situation I was wandering if there’s anyone on the L1T forums that could help me out. I’ve tried searching around the web+forum but I think I don’t see anyone with similar issues.

Thanks for any help in advance.

You said laptop. Can you be more specific?

Dells have an issue with “Killer” Wifi if that is the hardware you have installed. Updating the drivers will sort that out. If not Dell, let us know what model it is.