Intel i7 RST VMD 11th Gen NIGHTMARE

I am looking for any advice or direction;

I purchased a new motherboard for my HP Envy x360 Convertible 15-ed1000 that was originally intel i5 11th gen. I upgraded to Intel i7 11th Gen and you guessed it, SSD is not talking to the motherboard. The upgrade motherboard comes from an Envy 15M-ED1000 that is not supported by HP cloud recovery tool and yes I did attempt to use an equal but supported ABA number and was not successful. I booted BIOS from F .16 straight to F.46, now looking back not the best choice. I have tried every inf driver, extension and controller possible. I pulled every driver I had from two SSDs that were in my old board. I have hand loaded drivers through X:Systems. Nothing is working. NO I CAN NOT TURN OFF VMD VIA BIOS. NO THERE IS NO KEY COMBO TO ACCESS THE ADVANCED BIOS MENU. I am missing something but have not figured it out. Right now I am looking into rolling BIOS back. Any advice or ideas? Hard drive test fails with no error code but motherboard test passes. I’m sure I am missing a few things, its been a long week. Thanks

NGL, wouldn’t it be easier to load the Intel RST drivers manually when you get to the hard drive selection process?

Follow this guide to install the RST drivers: The drivers that Dell supplies should also work for any system, not just theirs.

(i.e. Microsoft does not supply the RST drivers at all even on the latest Windows installs)

2 Likes