Intel i5 12600k

This thing is currently on sale for around 185 + the gamers day bundle that includes upcoming Assassins Creed Mirage (I wouldn’t buy it at launch price though).

Considering its the previous Gen, and it we are a toe into gen 14 already. Is that price point still considered a great deal?

It would be for my dedicated streaming/photo editing pc, until I can upgrade it to at least an i7, and then it will go into the TrueNas + Plex + 1 Windows VM for work.

Thanks!

I’d Say go for it, I would go for a DDR4 board and 3600 ram since it’ll be so cheap and you can run it at Gear 1 at 3600 or 3400

Gen 14 is very mild Hz bump, when being squared up to Gen13 [for the P-Cores]
… Only point of [mild] curiosity, would be if additional E-Cores get shoveled in

12600K will still punch upp- I’d vouch for it [and pair with DDR4-3600+]

Well for starters, I got a LiveMixer Z790 on the “multimedia” rig I’m building, so that would be a DDR5.

But yeah, I will probably use the ASRock PRO RS D4 for my homeserver, 4 NVMe and 8 Sata, DDR4. Its cheap and plenty storage options to start until I can move on to higher grade MoBo, HBA card, ECC ram, etc.

Yeah right. But that i7 is probably the one I want to get on my LiveMixer eventually. Hoping it gets similar to 13900 performance and its easier to manage thermally. (or even better, I may get a 13th gen with the discount I’m getting a 12th gen now)

Thank you!

1 Like