Hi I need help deciding what CPU to go with, I'm on a budget of £420(MAX £450).
The i3 motherboards seem to have all the good stuff (USB3 headers, 6GB/S S-ATA etc), and the AMD motherboards seem to have ridiculous amounts of PCI/-e slots (doubt i'm going X-Fire/SLi anytie soon).
AMD CPU & Mobo £134 cheaper for me than i3 build ... whereas i3 & mobo is £180.
Okay so this is what i've planned:
- Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ £70.67
- Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 mobo [ATX] @ £62.51
- EVGA GTX 660 @ £176.18
- [Maybe SC Edition @ £182.17]
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ £38.25
- Corsair BuildersSeries CX600W @ £53.40
- Antec One Midi (has front USB3) @ £44.99
- Samsung 24x DVD Writer @ £14.43
- I have a 500GB WD HDD
- £460.52 [with GTX 660] (+£69.99 WIN7/8 = £530.51)
- £466.51 [with GTX 660 SC] (+£69.99 WIN7/8 = £536.5)
...This should be alright but cash for OS is out! - don't want to use Ubuntu etc :L [+£70 for WIN 7/8 OEM]
Build B uses the same components but CPU & Mobo changed...
- Intel i3 3225 [ivy bridge yaay!] @ £97.50
- Asus P8Z77-V LX [ATX & Intel Z77 chipset] @ £79.99
- £504.74 [With GTX 660] (+69.99 WIN7/8 = £574.73)
-£510.73 [With GTX 660 SC] (+69.99 WIN7/8 = £580.72)
! OH I forgot with both of these the Cooler Master Hyper 212 @ £24.99!
MY BUDGET IS £450 BUT I'M GOING WAAAAAAY OVER :( what can I change.... Should I go with a Sapphire 7850 Instead? but would After affects run on that???
I want it to be a gaming rig but I don't want to lose the capability of using movie/video editiors.... or am I asking for WAAY to much??? I chose NVIDIA because of the Cuda Cores
And as for the CPU is it going to be AMD or Intel (It's a gaming rig mostly, maybe a bit of enthusiatic video editing etc...)
Sorry If I put TOO much into this Question... I'm a newbie but Thanks in advance if you've read this far ;)
-EDIT: Will I bottleneck the GPU? and I doubt I can overclock the i3 (i'll TRY to OC the X4 so do I need the after market fan?)