Intel 9XXX series shenanigans

Updated insight on the Hardware Unboxed Patreon. THEY RAN THE 2700X ON 4 CORES.

9 Likes

GNs take on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJOfi-jK33c

1 Like

Rip link/video doesnā€™t work on my phone

Hmpfā€¦

1 Like

:Feelsbadman

Very strange.

1 Like

They reuploaded it. Original video had some audio issue.

7 Likes

Did it? Did not notice.

Oh Steveā€¦ so lulzy.

14 Likes

ā€œTesting in a Vacuum. Not Dyson, cause they donā€™t like usā€¦ā€

:laughing:

2 Likes

since the audio issue was on the sponser spot :stuck_out_tongue:
and like Iā€™ve said on the discord if AMD did this they would get so much more flak and maybe even get sued
and Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one whos mentioned the bit about being the first mainstream 8 core 16 thread cpu

1 Like

This could be goodā€¦ Steve actually went to PT and is editing a video now with them.

9900k Ā£599.99
2700x Ā£294.97

For this thing to sell at its current msrp intel need for the amd option to look Ā£300 worth of ā€˜worseā€™

2 Likes

RED ALERT:

Steve (Tech Jesus) has sat down with Principled Technologies for a 30min interview. They say theyā€™re editing it TODAY:

2 Likes

Motherboard pricing hasnā€™t been released yet eitherā€¦ that gulf will widen significantly with that included.

1 Like

so

only allowing for what we assume for board price + cpu + decent cooler what do you reckon the overall price difference will be between two comparable 8 core 16 thread amd / intel builds.

would love a ā€˜cost per frameā€™ analysis to give to gamer friends who are already salivating over this.

1 Like

Depends what you consider ā€œdecentā€ cooler, what kind, who its from, etc. Motherboard pricingā€¦ 350+ Iā€™m guessing, I doubt much cheaper but there be some outliers available. But you should just buy it, donā€™t wait, just buy it! #TomHardsware

I will be curious to see what the ā€œnew and improvedā€ (real) benchmark results are. This is why I like GamersNexus; they call bullshit when they see it.

Decent would be Hyper 212 Evo or Arctic Freezer 33.

But as we are talking high-end parts here, Noctua NH-U14S or BeQuiet DarkRock 4.

I know whats decent, I donā€™t know what HE considered decent.

1 Like