Intel 7260 dual-band bluetooth disconnecting

Dear community, since my laptop’s craptastic Raltek RT3290 died I bought off of Amazon a new Intel 7260 dual-band wifi card. Chucked it into the laptop and worked immediatly after installing the appropriate drivers from Intel’s site (W10 OS).
But I’ve noticed that, from time to time, the bluetooth goes out for a second and disconnects my Logitech K380. I’ve never had that issue before with bluetooth. Also there’s this really weird behaviour in Windows: I can’t upair devices I paired up with the old card.
Is the wifi card defective or is something to do with Windows? I’ve had a 2:30h video call over wifi with my Logitech C920 and the wifi never skipped a beat. What could it possibly be? I couldn’t find anything online. Thanks for all the answers!

Window 10 bluetooth has a security issue with bluetooth that they are attempting to fix. For some devices… bluetooth connections on windows 10 is disabled waiting patching. From my understanding this was done on purpose.

I figured it out in the mean time. Found the error in the event viewer, unckecked the power saving for the bluetooth and everything works perfectly now. Thanks for the answer!

LOL. Something you should always do. Nice easy fix.

I didn’t think at first to look there. I just started Googling and went nowhere. Luckly there was a clear error displayed that said something like about the low power state being too low for the device.

Gunna be honest brud W10 bluetooth is absolume crap. Thats why they’re removing it. They can’t be fucked to fix it.

Are they removing it? What? I think I’m on the latest build of Windows 10 18362 and I didn’t know about all these changes. And yeah it’s crappy because when I removed the old wifi card it didn’t allow me to unpair devices paired with the previous card, for example. Had to show hidden devices in the device manager and uninstall it that way.

Yeah it was in one of their last announcements. The lounge was abuzz for a few hours about it. Not sure anyone on yt paid attention tho.

Or they were thinking about removing it but haven’t yet? I don’t remember completely.

1 Like

I am kind of bummed …

I am one of the few people excited for BT 5.0

1 Like

Thanks for the answers @FaunCB @thevillageidiot, I tried to Google some issues but obviously news about that don’t come up with the common keywords like “windows 10 bluetooth issue”.

P.S. what Microsoft is doing is pure insanity. They’re, as always, breaking their own OS. Luckly I didn’t get that updated but I’ll be sure to stop every Windows update right now since I can’t move to Linux at the moment.

Theres vely few reasons to use windows anybore imo. Not even gaming is windows dependant anymore.