Instinct MI25, better than a Tesla M40 (for normal people anyway)

Yours vs mine. Before 000D1100, they’re the same. For whatever reason, mine has a lot more 00 and FF padding

and this

That’s only my secondary file too, since i lost the 1st.
Wonder if I could have found some FPGA related code.

@GigaBusterEXE I hope you do a full USB read of both from the other card.

I have a GT 740 as my output card

but I just finished cutting a hole to get access to Mini-DP and I get output from it!
downloading Arkham knight and Metal Gear V
my 1920X is in game mode (one 6 core CCD) because dragon quest 11 doesn’t like numa nodes so I’ll see how it perfroms

2 Likes

I’m gonna wait until wendell gets back to mess with it, I’m out of my depth on the USB flasher

1 Like

Really appreciate it.

I used the CLI version of AMDVB 2.93
command used was
C:\Users\Defualt\Downloads\atiflash_293>C:\Users\Defualt\Downloads\atiflash_293\amdvbflash.exe -f -p 0 218718.rom
I was running into issues where it didn’t recognised there was an ati card installed so I forced the driver install of the wx9100, but it turns out it was just I had CSM enabled and secure boot disabled and that was the problem

so I’m not sure if the driver force install is necessary, but CSM disabled IS
after flash, latest pro driver installs normally, I can’t change freq in afterburner but I’m sure that’s just a modified bios change away

Maybe the MI25 is UEFI only like the Tesla with the vBIOS it comes with, WX9100 vBIOS should eliminate that. Why I like the USB option, no arbitrary seemingly random bullshit like that getting in the way.
Wait CSM disabled AFTER flash?

I’m downloading batman from epic in the background, getting 45FPS on MGSV: phantom pain with maxed out settings and 4K which I think is par for the course on Vega
1500Mhz SET, 1267Mhz GET, so maybe I need more power and less voltage?

1 Like

If you make a video, I’ll just replace this later
Notice the “Drivers I recommend” part. 22.Q3 is probably pro focused and seems to perform worse in games from my limited, anecdotal testing.

Probably because WX9100 has a lower power limit. Looking at power draw in AMD software and HWInfo 64, I see it right at the WX9100 170 watt limit. I haven’t tried Frontir Edition vBIOS, might fix it.

If you even can change the voltage, might help.

Not sure what the deal is with these goofy numbers for Frontier Edition. I suspect that somehow explains the goofy clock readings some people have reported.
These are ordered
Frontier
WX9100
MI25

The iMac vBIOS seems to have it’s own aggressive parameters too.

Wouldn’t mind playing with an iMAC at the moment lol

yeah it wouldn’t pass its DRM thing, interestingly when I installed the latest driver amd locked down bios flashing so I had a hell of a time getting the ability to flash again, had to DDU, use 2019 driver and reextract the bios flashing program

it won’t boost past P3

I think bios modding is not the move currently

I think the move is modding in Power play tables into drivers

trouble is I have no idea how to do that

Yeahhhh, that’s ass. Somebody out there probably already figured out what I’m only trying to figure out.

Really though, I get enough GPU out of it the way it is; I just love fuckin’ about with stuff like this. CPU is the only problem I have with some games. Should get the E5-2667 V2 and just put a better cooler on this thing; something that isn’t obnoxiously loud at 100%, that plenty good to keep it cool, and just leave it at 100%.

Besides, the iMac vBios probably doesn’t trigger Vega integrated boot-hanging shit because it’s just not trying to initialize display. If I found a display initialization vBIOS chunk and managed to throw it in the right spot, would probably hang just the same. Still want to try some dual vBIOS fuckery with those USB-read MI25 ROMs.

If you haven’t already

Yeah saw that earlier I think either all the mods rely on the fact there are like only 4 Vega device IDs and the wx one’s just aren’t on the list because no one bothered

Or

The functionality is disabled in driver, but I’m betting that can be Reenabled somehow

Or

Force the Vega frontier edition driver
The pcb is too different from what I can tell, so bios will be no go

1 Like

If I can verify Frontier at least uses the same voltage controller, I’ll give that vBIOS a go. Tried to find high res pictures; trying again now.