Installing Kali Tools on Fedora

Katoolin by LeonSec would be great if it was made for Fedora…

Anyone know of a similar package to do the same thing? So much effort to install each package individually.

Thanks

Have you considered running a KVM and installing Kali there?

Could be the easiest solution.

Not the answer you were looking for, but as @Scar suggested a VM could be useful :wink:

Yeah, VM would be an easy option but I just really like Fedora :frowning:

update: Is there like a “Unity” option, like how there is on VM Workstation on Windows?

If you like Fedora, maybe try this release in a KVM?

The Fedora Security Lab provides a safe test environment to work on security auditing, forensics, system rescue and teaching security testing methodologies in universities and other organizations.

The spin is maintained by a community of security testers and developers. It comes with the clean and fast Xfce Desktop Environment and a customized menu that provides all the instruments needed to follow a proper test path for security testing or to rescue a broken system. The Live image has been crafted to make it possible to install software while running, and if you are running it from a USB stick created with LiveUSB Creator using the overlay feature, you can install and update software and save your test results permanently.

https://labs.fedoraproject.org/security/download/index.html

Well there’s seemless mode in VirtualBox which basically means you get a seperate panel on your host, no merging menus tho.
There’s also a bunch of tools bundled for fedora all ready, just dnf groupinstall security-tools. no need to install each one seperately.
Or, debootstrap install kali, and you get kali to chroot into, that’s also a preconfigured route to take.

1 Like

The problem with VIrtualbox would be that some applications and tools of Kali - Reaver for instance - need direct access to the WiFi card. Metasploit should work though^^

1 Like

You can always use an external wireless card :wink:

@Kane_Gilbert Kali is a proven tool, it works. I second Fedora Security Labs, although I was leaving the InfoSec realm when we started using it. I love Fedora, too, however, so I appreciate what they’ve done. The major red team/offensive security certifications use Kali so if that’s what you’re going for I would just “suck it up” and use a VM.

If you want to get practice building a tool set you can always get Kali Light or BackBox and build it up from there.

1 Like

Okay. Thank you guys for the info :slight_smile:

There’s always the possibility of setting up pass through for the WiFi card if needed.

1 Like