Installed an RX6400 in to my B450 W/ Ryzen 1600, audio cuts out

Finally replaced my Dying GTX1650.

Thing work a lot better and are more stable and after plonking in a Sapphire RX 6400 and formatting the Windows 9 drive and OS with PopOs.

The only issues now is ever few seconds or minutes the Audio randomly cuts for almost exactly 1 second. it isn’t just youtube, it’s anything streaming.

i haven’t had trouble shoot linux in a long time since everything usually just works.

before it with the dying nvidia, audio did not cutout. the only changes made, were RX 6400, changed CSM mode to UEFI only and formatted my drive with PopOs.

I noticed on the 6500 and 6400 have really weaksauce drive strength sometimes, short good quality cable might help

i’d think the video would cut out too, i did for sure have the problem with the old GPU and got a nicer cable which i am still using.

perhaps i should try this card in my other htpc and see if the issue follows.

im tempted to get an ATX full height HTPC case and use normal video cards. if i did i wonder what card i would get? guess i could put my intel ARC in there.

I think the newer standards prioritize the video

1 Like

i’m also thinking about getting a 4k 60 display port to hdmi cable, in theory the cable would be responsible for generating some of the signal

amazon cyber monday, picked up 4k 120 hdmi 10pack for $9.99 jsaux and IVANKY 4k60 DP to HDMI 10ft for $9.99 i’m sure thats promising due to the higher price :upside_down_face: :melting_face: