Inno3D RTX 3080 Twin Fan Replacement

Hi All,

As the title says I have an Inno3D RTX 3080 Twin but one of the fans sounds like a lawn mower. I don’t really want to RMA it for obvious reasons but I am struggling to find a suitable replacement fan as it seems to have an unsual mounting configuration.

The fan is an 85mm fan with 15 blades with the mounting screws in a right angle triangle at with lengths of 74mm, 54mm, 92mm with a 4 pin power header. Does anyone know where I might be able to source one of these fans?

Thanks in advance,
Corez

Try contacting the manufacturer and ask them to send you a new fan to install yourself. Its the cheapest option for everyone with minimal downtime so they might be happy to.

2 Likes

Take a screwdriver to it and take it off the cooler. Usually there is a serial number on the bearing side of the fan.

1 Like

Welcome back OP!

Get some 80mm noctuas and why not some locking plastic strips?

Like these:

proxy-image

If you are ok to be janky, you just need to be a bit creative with your hacky solutions.

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions, I have decided to go with Kocytean’s suggestion first and get in touch with the manufacturer, they should be getting back to me in the middle of the week if the thank you message is to be beleived.

If they don’t turn out to be of much use I will take the fan off and check the serial number on the fan, I would much rather have it look like stock if I can but I will do strap on regular PC fans if it comes to it, maybe an excuse to design myself some 3d printed parts :smiley:

I will keep this topic updated as things happen.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.