Inktober 2019

tbh that’s the best “ash” prompt drawing I’ve come across. and I’ve seen some people paint the tree…

1 Like

There’s always the art megathread if it doesn’t apply to inktober :^)

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/share-your-art/

2 Likes

thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the resource Kaiju.

1 Like

it sort of does though - I just swapped the “ink” part of the challenge for “digital” because I wanted it to be a challenge and use a medium I never do normally. And I wanted the art to be of a unifying theme; the official prompts felt too general… so I am doing a digitaltober challenge instead :]

1 Like

here’s the missing days:

My theme for the whole month is “Pripyat 1982”; sometimes it shows more, sometimes less ^^;

7 Likes

No, i’m just saying if it “doesn’t” relate, as in it’s not directly for Inktober (regardless of medium), or was from another timeperiod.

2 Likes

Do you see all the detail before you draw or do you draw detail as it starts to take shape? I always wonder if what the finished painting for drawing is what you intended to draw or if people just start from a rougher idea or vague theme and fill it in.

2 Likes

That’s actually quite a profound question. It varies from painting to painting to what degree I already know where I want to go with it; but there’s always some sort of idea of the final goal in my head. Sometimes it’s very detailed; very often far more than what I in the end accomplish with the painting (the mechanical skill lags behind the imagination, so to speak.) Sometimes this concept also changes fluidly while painting.
This is unrelated to the way I actually paint - sometimes I first sketch out the whole scenery roughly and add details on top, sometimes I move from one side to the other adding objects. I made time-lapses of both instances:

I hope this answers your question somewhat ^^

3 Likes

6 Likes

A wintery crossing of Kurchatov and Lenina streets.

6 Likes

#16 - Wild

5 Likes

oct 18 misfit(s)

8 Likes

i get Rudolph (or is it Rudolf?) but what about the helper? Is it because he’s not an elf with pointy ears?

Good job on the red ink!

1 Like

I believe that that is Hermey, the elf that was on “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys”

2 Likes

Hermie wants to be a dentist.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s from some old claymation Christmas movie. Kreestuh and Goalkeeper are right.

2 Likes

There was a series of reliefs in the Pripyat city park, I wanted to paint one of them. If there was rats too, who knows. Maybe.

7 Likes

Thanks I really appreciate the insight. Images in my head are always quite patchy and somewhat simplistic even though I understand the detail I want to see I can’t really see it. I wondered how other people see what they draw before they draw and how they get to the end result.

im not really following along with inktober but i drew some stuff cause i was inspired and bored at the same time

3 Likes