In search for a cheap a** steering wheel

Hey...
I played some Euro Truck Simulator 2 a few days ago for a YouTube video nobody watched. The thing is, taking a short drive reminded me how much I actually enjoy it...
Now I would like to try ETS2 with a steering wheel. But since I despise racing and driving genre in general, I don't want to buy something amazing for 350$ or something...
I need something cheap, but solid. I don't care about fancy features, vibrations, etc crap. I just want something decent, that will not cost me a decent pc upgrade.
Basically give me your absolute minimum for a wheel peripheral.
PS: I want to say I live in eastern Europe, so pricing here is a bit different.

Not seeing it on your youtube channel.

Was thinking of trying out the driving game myself.

It's for the benchmarks of the ReLive driver to check the performance difference. So I drove like 3-4 hours in order to get a consistent data...

1 Like

Good game is good vanilla. Mods are for people, that have seen everything in the game and want fresh content.
I am against mods in general. Skyrim is a prime example why - let's mod Skyrim to change the ui, the battle system, the visuals and the mechanics all together and play the shitty story. At that point your not playing Skyrim anymore. If the game is strong enough by itself it doesn't need mods. If the mods are the only thing, that make the game good, I rather play another game.
Also, I don't want to be rude, but I am looking for something cheap, and you are saying g27... You need to recalibrate your understanding of the word cheap... Just like the guy that said ultra low budget core i7 system...

On the contrary :
Hama Racing Wheel Thunder V18 - 30€
CANYON CNG-GW01N - 25€
CANYON CNG-GW3 - 40€
Trust GM-3200 - 33€

I fully understand, that higher price means higher quality, but I will just drive my Scania with that thing. I don't really want to spend 100€ for a steering wheel, even if that means I loose a bit of quality...
I forgot Saitek R440 for 25€ second hand...

1 Like

DFGT, G27, Momo wheel, and Thrustmaster rgt
I've seen dfgts for $50-$30 USD second hand

If ur willing to pay the thrustmaster tmx and t150s can be found for $150 to $100 USD

90 euro used... Too expensive...

OK, this looks promising... I found it 30 euro used... I may get this one, although it is still a bit too much for me. I mean i payed way less for the game i will play with it, but anyway...

Can't find it

Really, guys, the title should have excluded like 90% of the proposed models...

Yea I was just noteing wheels that come to mind, finding el cheapo wheels is hard

Look at any logitech driving force wheel they work on pc and should be cheap (I think that momo is one)

you could buy a second hand car for the price of g27

1 Like

Fun fact, I actually know a few people with similarly priced cars...

1 Like

Update...
I just ordered Trust GXT27 (GM3200), for the amazing price of 10 Euro... It have some 4 and 5* reviews here and there... But it's 10 Euro. I don't care... For 10 Euro i just don't care...

1 Like

OK, last update...
The wheel showed up. And as picky as I have become in the last year or so I have a bunch of issues with it...
1. It's small. I mean small. When I grab it with both hands like half of it is gone.
2. The clamp for the table is fine. My table is not fine. My table is basically preventing me from securing the wheel properly.
3. It works without drivers or software or anything, and being as sensitive as it is I can't adjust it at all. When I say sensitive, the vibration of it is making the wheel think that I am steering. And:
4. It says force feedback. Filthy lie. It's a vibration. Awful vibration. It vibrates for everything. It vibrates when I press a pedal, when I am steering, when I press a button on the wheel, when I sneeze, when the earth spins... Bloody hell, it vibrates when I press the pedal, it precieves it as me steering, cause it's too sensitive, and then it vibrates, because I'm steering while I don't do anything anymore...
So yeah... Pretty much 10€ wheel...