In need of new phone ASAP

I need a new phone. My LGV20 is a pile ofs hit.p It burns my battery down in 4 hours by just having it on, telegram only open, on wifi, and I have to plug it in if I want to use it later. So. I need a new phone. Under 200 hopefully, running android 7 at lesat, that is reliable and would like rootable. If anyone has any suggestions please PM me. I’m currently looking at the motorolla Z2 FORCE. I am on sprint. Battery life is a must, headphone jack is a must.

Thanks.

Moto x4

1 Like

This makes the v20 a brick but it has huge capacity-

Moto G6 Play?

Android 8, $200 on the nose, works on Sprint, 4000 mAh battery, headphone jack, microSD slot.

2 Likes

hmmm maybe. the Z2 seems really good as it was designed by the thinkpad team, or so it seems by what I could find.

Also like how it feels in the hand as a local store has a demo unit. mill keep looking tho

I have an otterbox case lol its already massive.

Its so big I could use it as a flog in a sock and not break it.

I don’t think you could go wrong with either. The Z2 is neat because those “Moto Mods” could be pretty useful for some users. The G6 Play is nice because it’s relatively inexpensive and has a 4000 mAh battery.

I have a Moto G3 and a Moto X4. The G3 I used for a few years before upgrading to the X4, but I still have the G3 as the audio source in my car. The X4 has been my daily for about 9 months now. Haven’t had much of a problem with either.

2 Likes

I would recommend the new Nokia phones due to them getting updates to new android versions and HMB Global(the ones making the Nokia phones) saying the phones will get at least 2 years of updates

1 Like

I have a Nokia 7 plus and can second this. Nokia are back and in a big way…

I asked in a couple places, and on top of 1 confirm here, I found a lot of people talking about tonnes of root support and developer love from ‘motorola’.

Also, turns out, the Moto Z series is made by the Thinkpad team. In fact, Motorola is run my Lenovo. So aside from people saying that I’m stupid for not getting the Z2 in the first place, Sprint didn’t have it. And I DID ask about Nokia, and theres a lot of phones available, but atm because the TMobile merger is happening right now (will make a thread, it was a hell of an experience they’ve been in panic mode for a week trying to figure out the new rules) shit is shotgunned everywhere, missing, or not listed in inventory. So I went with looking for a Z2, we saw some from across state, and then they askedh “Do you even want a bigger phone? The play is tiny compared to your V20”, was showed it, its fucking small, and I bought a Z3 play.

I thought I would have to wait and get my paycheck first, but with the new merger rules I can do whatever the hell I want with the lease. So I paid 20, and will pay 100 a week. Its 480, and the reason I jumped up is I was told my paycheck per week will be 340. So I decided to go up.

@Eden or other moderators can lock this now. Thanks @mutation666 and @w.meri for really making me look into this today.

It may seem I jumped on this way too fast, but I have been digging into this for about 3 months and have been trying to avoid samsung.

Anyways, thread done. Guess I needed a confirm that I had a good idea, but nothing jumped out at me either. I WILL be looking at getting a nokia 3310 though, knowing that those exist again.