In Desperate Need of Help with New Build

Taking everything apart and noticed this on the lower m.2 slot. Can anyone tell me if this looks normal or not? These are the m.2 holes for the standoffs on my motherboard. They seem to be filled with something. Never used one so don’t know if this is how it should be.

That appears to be just mounting holes for the various possible form factors of m.2 and nvme.

1 Like

That sounds like a bad motherboard.

1 Like

I believe it is. Unfortunately, I STILL have not been able to get a hold of ASRock customer service by any means. I’ve tried calling every number I can find and emailing every address and sending in multiple technical support requests.

However, after updating the BIOS to I THINK the latest beta one and keeping my memory at 3000 or less, everything is stable and I’ve had no crashes since. But if I move my memory up even the smallest amount, it will either not boot or have random freezes.

Where are you? In the EU you can take faulty goods to the place of purchase (not just the manufacturer) within two years for most stuff. Sometimes even five years, depending on the country, item, and nature of the issue.

Maybe check if you have anything like that where you are, because by the sounds of it ASRock is taking the piss.

firstly i have built around a half dozen Ryzen builds and come across all kinds of strange issues related to these chips.

From the info you are giving i would look at some of your bios settings.
Firstly make sure you have the latest bios installed.
then dial in your fan profiles and your xmp ram profile.
Restart to ensure they are taken.

Then dig a little deeper into the settings.
This crash thing i believe to be related to the PSU idle setting.
Theres a eco mode some PSU’s dont like to run in and theres ‘typical current idle’ i think its called. - Choose that.
Also make sure you have the latest chipset driver from the AMD website and you windows and nvidia drivers are up to date.
Make sure you have the Ryzen power plan in windows.
Adjust bios cpu limitations to motherboard.

I find this basic setup to be stable pretty much straight out of the box on 3rd Gen

i would also recommend testing the system on something like user benchmark which can quickly point out something thats not performing as it should
bench it. change settings etc. bench again etc etc

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.