In Between Video Cards - Integrated Graphics Gaming?

Hey guys,

I've recently sold my video card (GTX 670) to a friend and a combination of being too cheap and waiting to see what AMD will bring with their 300 series cards has left me without a dedicated video card. 

What are some of your favorite games that can run on an Intel HD3000 GPU? 

I love Space Pirates and Zombies [and Bounty Hunters].  It can be had on steam for 10 bucks, and you can customize the difficulty and galaxy size to lengthen or shorten the game.  It is also open world, has a good story and is skill tree based.

Ftl: faster than light. One of the best indie games I've ever played. 

You could try morrowind or other old aaa games. 

try minecraft

playing integrated GPU games? AMD APU or Bust. Linux games work fairly well on iGPUs

if you like strategy games the civilization games run well at low settings. other then that good luck.

I played a lot of Hawken and Trine when I had my GTX 770 RMA'd... but that's the HD4600 integrated graphics. No clue for the HD3xxx!

performance wise hd4000 and 3000 are very similar.

Dwarf Fortress, Hotline Miami, Lethal League, Papers Please, Fallout 1/2, Wasteland and Terraria

older Hitman games

Jedi Knight2: Outcast and Academy (need to replace a DLL file to get it going on win7 and 8)

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, its a little like Skyrim meets DeusEX but a lot more linear. It uses the Source engine so sometimes things get a bit buggy.

Psychonauts

Max Payne 1 and 2, you can try 3 and if you drop the resolution to the lowest you can tolerate.

Arkham City, same as Max Payne3 if you drop the resolution and turn off a lot of features it is perfectly playable and butt ugly.

Ghostbusters The Videogame, its aged reasonably well, if your a fan of Ghostbusters then you'll enjoy this and tolerate its flaws.

Fable: The Lost Chapters, fairly good adventure game. Its one of the best games to come out of the early millennium but it hasn't aged that well. Don't bother with the Anniversary edition it adds nothing but fancier graphics, native controller support and a slightly ridiculous price tag.

Borderlands 1 and 2 are playable at lower resolutions (720) if youre conservative with the image quality settings.

Painkiller: Black Edition, old school wave shooter in a similar vain as Serious Sam. Good fun gameplay if a bit shallow.

BIT.TRIP RUNNER is pretty damn fun. But i think you are gonna need a controller for that.
Maybe some super hexagon - I have like 40 hours in that lol.