Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

Reusing an old 2U Case, I wanted to use NVMES. Here is my solution.

Epyc 7302P 64GB Ram, HGST NVME 4tb

12 Likes

That’s pretty badass. :metal:

3 Likes

I think I have seen that screwdriver before - somewhere. Can’t quite put my finger on it :slight_smile:

What 2U capable cooler do you have for your Epyc 7302P?

1 Like

A Dynatron A38. Despite being so small, kept up with a 7443p perfectly.

https://www.phoronix.com/review/dynatron-a38-epyc

Not horribly loud either inside a case, but it’s still definitely not living space quiet.

1 Like

Thanks for that!
I so far failed to find a good cooling solution for my 2U racked Ryzen 5900X system. I am pretty happy with the whole thing except that it’s currently thermal limited.
Seeing an EPYC air cooled in 2U gave me hope that I may yet find the right thing.
Browsing the Dynatron website they have some interesting/exotic stuff. A little hard to find, but not unobtainium.

Dynatron A26 2U

:rofl:
yep just cnc a new plate… np…
now…
where do i buy a cnc laser cutter :wink: . it cant be that expensi… OH! MY FFOOOOoooooo, yeah!, erm…
do you take orders? :slight_smile:

not actually ripping on your solution… its exactly what you need.
im laughing at the flippancy of oh! il just make one :slight_smile: with this laser cuter i have here doing nothing at the moment…

that’s some cool toys mate.

1 Like

Haha, I am a manufacturer of draft beer systems, custom and stock items. So to burn up some scrap is no big deal to me between sheets. Plus I am not that high volume where its running 24/7.

Hey, if you have 300k in machine tools might as well use em right?

I also have a mill for making firearms and firearm accessories/parts hahaha

Also what are you looking for? As long as I dont have to design stuff because I dont have time for that.

3 Likes

wasn’t really asking to place and order mate…
it was meant to be my reaction to the price of the kit to do it…

but cheers for the offer… :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.